Square adapter for smart phones

kfintoni

Hello all,

I just upgraded to the new iphone 6 as my 4 was dying. My question to everyone is does anyone know of a good adapter for the square? With the Otter case on the phone the pin is not long enough to make a connection and I hate the thought of not having a case on it at shows. I can just picture it can you sign here and woops sorry I did not mean to drop it. I have looked on amazon and ebay and some say they work and others don't I guess it depends on if it is 2 or 3 lines on the adapter.

Thanks,

Karen in MA

I know Lifeproof Cases come with this adapter thing and it works for my Iphone and Square, I'm assuming that it would also work for Otterboxes as all it does it make it so the plug will actually reach in there. It looks like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/131121383870?lpid=82

They should all be universal because it goes in the Headphone jack and those all have the same plugs. HTH

I checked around and this extender appears that it would work.  

As an IT professional I can say, I'm not someone who would ever buy an iPhone because I think their new stuff is 2 years behind the Samsung Android stuff... (Sorry I had to throw that in.)

Try this item on Amazon.  It gets mixed reviews for a number of reasons other than what you want it for, mostly because it is plastic.

The most favorable review states this: Great extension for Square reader in an Otterbox - Purchased to use my Square credit card reader on my Galaxy S4 without having to peel the Otterbox off of it every time. This extension fits great and works perfectly.

Take into account that the user is using it with an Android phone, but it is in an Otterbox case and the user is using a Square reader.

I can't attest it will work, but for < $5.00 it's worth a shot.

http://www.amazon.com/Exclusives%C2%AE-Headphone-Adapter-Samsung-Tablets/dp/B00I1IYMN4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1411585293&sr=8-3&keywords=headphone+jack+extender

• 1 month later...

I have Square, and the only way it works for me is if I twist the square so it'll make contact. A hassle, really.... well for no-patience me, lol (I too have the Otter case on my Android).

Now I use the Rectangle, and they sent me an extender. No more problems :-)