This or That

Scented

I'm really liking the Nurture Soap colorants.  The are very easy to mix and very nice colors in the soap.  She also sells in bags or jars.

TKB had a Bubblegum Pink, which I loved.  But, they reformulated and the color is no longer the same.  Haven't found a replacement for that.  Nurture has one called Hollywood Pink.  It's a nice berry color that good for Strawberry and the like.  The Vibrance Micas are also good replacements for the Pops.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

Yes I adore the vibrance colors. I have had the best luck with NS's soap colorants more than any others I've tried. The neon colored ones are my favorite to work with. I have been using them for almost 2 yrs now and so glad I found them. I still order some from TKB because they have a wider selection and some shades I can't get at NS.

I'm really liking the Nurture Soap colorants.  The are very easy to mix and very nice colors in the soap.  She also sells in bags or jars.

TKB had a Bubblegum Pink, which I loved.  But, they reformulated and the color is no longer the same.  Haven't found a replacement for that.  Nurture has one called Hollywood Pink.  It's a nice berry color that good for Strawberry and the like.  The Vibrance Micas are also good replacements for the Pops.

So there's no neon pink at TKB then? Rather it doesn't produce the bubble gum pink any more? 

I was looking at NS and the CP results and just wasn't overly excited in what I was seeing. I also took a stroll through at TKB and saw the pops are back but like in a glittery form maybe??? It seemed they reworked a lot of things to be EU friendly. I can almost see myself going with both places and well ... :P 

See I don't mind the bags. They smoosh together well in the totes where I store them as opposed to stacking only a few jars lol. 

So there's no neon pink at TKB then? Rather it doesn't produce the bubble gum pink any more? 

I was looking at NS and the CP results and just wasn't overly excited in what I was seeing. I also took a stroll through at TKB and saw the pops are back but like in a glittery form maybe??? It seemed they reworked a lot of things to be EU friendly. I can almost see myself going with both places and well ... :P

See I don't mind the bags. They smoosh together well in the totes where I store them as opposed to stacking only a few jars lol. 

Did you check out the Hollywood Pink?

http://www.nurturesoapsupplies.com/hollywood-pink/

Sorry, the Bubblegum Pink was at The Conservatorie not TKB.  It's isn't a neon but just a real pretty pale pink. No red, blue or purple undertones.  Just pink.  And, using more didn't cause a garish pink, just more pink color.  Not sure how the reformulated performs.  Just read on another forum that it had been and is not the same color in longer in CP.

I haven't found another one that gives me that same shade, unfortunately.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

Hello Everyone! New here and love Nurture micas, TKB and the Conservatorie! I like that the Nurture micas mix so easily, and I seem to need less to achieve the colors I want. TKB has Cosmic Carolyn which is a nice medium pink, and I've used a sample of the Nurture amaranth which is a bit brighter than Cosmic Carolyn. Of course I have had my eyes on that beautiful Hollywood Pink from Nurture.

• Like 1

Hello Everyone! New here and love Nurture micas, TKB and the Conservatorie! I like that the Nurture micas mix so easily, and I seem to need less to achieve the colors I want. TKB has Cosmic Carolyn which is a nice medium pink, and I've used a sample of the Nurture amaranth which is a bit brighter than Cosmic Carolyn. Of course I have had my eyes on that beautiful Hollywood Pink from Nurture.

Welcome to the board! Love your moniker.

I love Nurture micas too. When they duped the POP color micas from TKB I started buying from them and have absolutely loved every color I bought so far.

Only problem I had was with the raspberry rainbow. The color was wonderful but it eventually bled. They no longer carry the rainbows but now have the vibrance line. So I am not sure if the raspberry was dropped or reformulated as a new vibrance color. I hope it was and doesn't bleed anymore.

My favorite was neon yellow but not sure which one that is now? Same with the raspberry rainbow.

Who are you kidding? You know you want it! LOL

Yes, but finally the other half is here so I can show him exactly why we need. Just cut soap yesterday made with neons that don't look like it in the soap if that makes sense. So I said, this soap and the supernova we did are reasons we gotta get ... he said OK ... I guess I should just do it and say, but you said OK lol. 

Never tried NS. TKB had always had the colors i need, in final form and as blenders, and then some. I will cry when my stockpile of POPs is exhausted. The neons i have from TKB work excellently (is that a word) in my CP.

Have used Conservatorie, but with continual outages i gave up. :( plus the cosmo purple and orange morphed and faded. Boooo.

How about those at Mad Oils? BFF has tried several and likes the colors, packaging, etc. purple and celery green for her have stayed vibrant.

Another source that has micas with photos of performance in CP is Aromahaven/Rustic Escentuals.

Little tip for packaging micas: PET Boston Round bottles with a disc cap. Makes storage and portioning a breeze. Plus if they drop on the floor, no mess :)

• Like 1

Never tried NS. TKB had always had the colors i need, in final form and as blenders, and then some. I will cry when my stockpile of POPs is exhausted. The neons i have from TKB work excellently (is that a word) in my CP.

Have used Conservatorie, but with continual outages i gave up. :( plus the cosmo purple and orange morphed and faded. Boooo.

How about those at Mad Oils? BFF has tried several and likes the colors, packaging, etc. purple and celery green for her have stayed vibrant.

Another source that has micas with photos of performance in CP is Aromahaven/Rustic Escentuals.

Little tip for packaging micas: PET Boston Round bottles with a disc cap. Makes storage and portioning a breeze. Plus if they drop on the floor, no mess :)

NS has the POP colors in their Vibrance collection. Only they are much better formulated now. I know because when I ran out of my POPs I started buying them from NS because they took them and reformulated them to the rainbow micas collection. Now the rainbow collection is the vibrance collection. They are the same colors as the old POP from TKB.

Edited by Candybee

OK so I spent a fortune lol ... now to get 'em! Four different pinks, three different purples, all the vibrances (course they had to be ordered separately and not in a set. I think they were sold out of the set), some cosmetic glitters, and a few other colors and neons to try out. 

• Like 1