Order day! YAY

I was finally able to put in some supply orders today. 

This is the first payday we have had that we have not had to shell out anywhere from $500-$1k+ in emergency costs since mid-April. I have been having such a Murphy's Law year, it would almost be comical if it didn't hurt the wallet so hard!! :-/ 

I totaled it up and we have shelled out almost $17k in emergency non-budgeted costs in little over 4 months. That does not include our bills to keep our household going and utilities etc., not getting shut off.

I have no idea why I am telling you all this, I'm not (seriously NOT) asking for pity or anything of the sort, because luckily, both my hub and I have decent day jobs and were actually able to pay all of that. I guess I just wanted to iterate what a crappy expensive year it's been. LOL 

Anyway, I was able to order from Mad Oils, Candle Science, Peak, Natures Garden, Aztec, and a few others.

Oh how it feels good to spend money on things I want/need other than emergencies!! 

I got a lot of necessities, like wicks, jars, dyes/colorants, molds(haha yeah, like molds are a necessity!), additives. I'm pretty set on most of that now. 

I also got a lot of fragrance oils as well. 

Now I just have to play the waiting game. ... And of course since it's a long weekend, I don't even expect any of these orders to be processed until Tuesday, so will not be getting any of them until later that week or early the next. :( 

Oh well... *sigh* 

• Like 3

That is a lot of money to pay each month! Glad you are able to start buying supplies. I am in a somewhat similar situation, nothing medical, its just that I won't have that extra income to spend until November. So you can imagine I am counting the months, weeks, and days until then! LOL

So what did you get?? Are you going to give us some reviews? Hint hint!

• Like 2

Guest OldGlory

Emergency expenses suck. Being able to pay them does not suck! Yay for you!

Let us know about your new fragrances when they arrive.

Only one of these expenses was medical, and we were promised that we wouldn't have to pay a dime of it, that the "Victim's Advocate Compensation Fund" would handle it. Umm, yeah, they will handle it if I could devote 8-10 hours a day for 5-6 days in a row to it. Which I cannot, so... They make it almost impossible to get compensated. (it's a long story - but the gist of it is, a kid at my son's school went berzerk and my son got hurt) 

The rest has just been crap around us falling apart - car, car engine, car repairs, stove/oven blowing up (literally), water heater going out, AC unit repair, sprinkler system leak/head repair, carpet, under sink pipes burst, etc, etc., LOL It seemed to never end and luckily (I guess) only 1 thing a week would go out - it didn't all go out all at the same time. Just piece by piece by piece. LOL After one of the second to last things that happened even my son was like "Are we just cursed this year or what??" LOL Certainly seems that way! 

ANYWAY I digress - 

YES I will totally give reviews. 

All of NG's scents were restocks, as were Peaks. 

Aztec, I got some of their new scents that are on sale, and a few tart warmers for Christmas presents. I gave some last year for Christmas and they were a huge hit but not everyone got one, and the ones that didn't were disappointed so they will get one this year. I could have probably gotten them cheaper somewhere else, but I like their's okay, and they aren't THAT expensive, especially not for gifts. 

The scents were - 

Volcano (Cabri Blue type) 

Cider Lane (BBW type) 

Rosemary Mint (Aveda Type) 

Mad Oils, the only new scent from them I got was - Snow Witch along with some restock's. I got 8 full lb bottles, 2 4oz EO bottles, a ton of mica's and some clays, and total shipping for all of that was $8. (Their FO and EO come in the amber glass bottles too) I think their shipping is very decently priced. 

Candle Science and the others were all the other type equipment supplies I needed. 

I will let you know how they all are OOB once they arrive in a few weeks. :) 

• Like 1

Dang! That is a whole lot of bad luck. Remember the old saying "bad luck comes in threes" I think you quadrupled that! Anyway, I am glad to see you are getting through this and starting to have a little fun now. I always have fun ordering stuff! LOL

I think you have me sold on Mad Oils. I love low shipping and great oils. When I can start ordering again (in November) I will probably sampe a few. So be sure to include reviews on these. Thanks!

• Like 1

By November they should have even more great products. They add something new just about every week. They are still real small, and new, but are growing. I really can't say enough good things about them. 

Of course I will review (as best I can anyway! :)

• Like 1

So sorry to hear of your run of bad luck, and hope its all behind you now.  Glad you were able to order some fun stuff now- and yes, be sure to give some reviews (I'm going to have to check out Mad Oils, haven't ordered from them before- but trying to make myself get through the fo's I already have before ordering more, which never happens!)

I love that I live so close to Peak. Hub picked up my order on his lunch and dropped it at home. :) 

5 cases of jars,

5 FO's plus the sample they gave (Cookie Cottage - smells like a sugar cookie baked with gingerbread and vanilla - very "heavy" smelling if that makes sense) 

Wicking

Mold sealer

and Wick Stickers. I have never used wick stickers before, I always use an industrial silicone my hub gets from his work, so thought I'd try these out just as a simple time saver and the simplicity of it and see if I like them better than the silicone. We'll see... 

Anyway, all of the other orders are being shipped in. BOO

post-200-0-54060100-1409333410_thumb.jpg

Oh the Cookie Cottage sounds yummy!

It is phenomenal!! Throws like a beast in soy or any other wax for that matter. You are so lucky, you live near Peak. They are my most favorite supplier. Illinois is boring- all I get to go to is Soaper's Choice which is great since I buy oil's by the large buckets but no fo's there. :-(

I know the emergency expense feeling- we are having that same kind of year, :-( I'm going on a soap/candle equipment shopping spree soon. LOL Have fun with all your new stuff.

How is the Snow Witch? I have been curious about that one!

I just ordered it on Friday, and they are closed for the holiday weekend. They will probably not ship it until tomorrow which means I will probably not receive it until Friday or Saturday. 

When I get it I'll definitely let everyone know. 

It has gotten good reviews on all the other boards and groups I frequent. 

That's the one I am waiting on too!

All the oils you ordered from Aztec I am also curious about especially Volcano. What kind of a scent is it?

It's described as a fruity scent. I've never smelled the Blue Cibri it's supposed to be a dupe of, so I have no idea... 

• Like 1

Oh my gosh. I have been searching for a Capri blue dupe for months! I can't even wait for your reviews; I'm ordering it now!!! :D

jcandle- happy for you that you were able to finally buy yourself supplies. I feel ya on the "every red cent going to emergencies" thing. Hopefully you get to make some sweet candles and it is destressifying!!

• Like 1

Oh my gosh. I have been searching for a Capri blue dupe for months! I can't even wait for your reviews; I'm ordering it now!!! :D

jcandle- happy for you that you were able to finally buy yourself supplies. I feel ya on the "every red cent going to emergencies" thing. Hopefully you get to make some sweet candles and it is destressifying!!

Thanks amanda - 

I still had some supplies so I went on a candlemaking marathon on Sunday. It was nice. I've been really focused lately on soap making, so working with wax again was very refreshing and I always forget how much I miss working with it until I get back to it. 

Had a great weekend. - again, thank you! :) 

PS - I'm still buying. LOL :) 

• Like 1

I had never ordered from Aztec before. I like that they give you the option to ship priority mail. Saves some $$.

I just bought the volcano type (so excited for that!!) and got some candy corn while I was at it. I want to make little candy corn votives and put them in a candy dish on my table so it looks like a big bowl of candy corns. It's probably been done a million times before, but I think it'll be super cute :D

For my free samples, I picked creme brûlée and gingerbread.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts on the Capri blue dupe in the fragrance forum since it's a new fragrance.

Only one of these expenses was medical, and we were promised that we wouldn't have to pay a dime of it, that the "Victim's Advocate Compensation Fund" would handle it. Umm, yeah, they will handle it if I could devote 8-10 hours a day for 5-6 days in a row to it. Which I cannot, so... They make it almost impossible to get compensated. (it's a long story - but the gist of it is, a kid at my son's school went berzerk and my son got hurt) 

The rest has just been crap around us falling apart - car, car engine, car repairs, stove/oven blowing up (literally), water heater going out, AC unit repair, sprinkler system leak/head repair, carpet, under sink pipes burst, etc, etc., LOL It seemed to never end and luckily (I guess) only 1 thing a week would go out - it didn't all go out all at the same time. Just piece by piece by piece. LOL After one of the second to last things that happened even my son was like "Are we just cursed this year or what??" LOL Certainly seems that way! 

ANYWAY I digress - 

YES I will totally give reviews. 

All of NG's scents were restocks, as were Peaks. 

Aztec, I got some of their new scents that are on sale, and a few tart warmers for Christmas presents. I gave some last year for Christmas and they were a huge hit but not everyone got one, and the ones that didn't were disappointed so they will get one this year. I could have probably gotten them cheaper somewhere else, but I like their's okay, and they aren't THAT expensive, especially not for gifts. 

The scents were - 

Volcano (Cabri Blue type) 

Cider Lane (BBW type) 

Rosemary Mint (Aveda Type) 

Mad Oils, the only new scent from them I got was - Snow Witch along with some restock's. I got 8 full lb bottles, 2 4oz EO bottles, a ton of mica's and some clays, and total shipping for all of that was $8. (Their FO and EO come in the amber glass bottles too) I think their shipping is very decently priced. 

Candle Science and the others were all the other type equipment supplies I needed. 

I will let you know how they all are OOB once they arrive in a few weeks. :) 

Hope your son is doing well and that things are better for you now. Lucky you, shopping---:) If I had a few extra's, no telling what I'd order, my wish list is big :)