Mondo Bomb Centers

chuck_35550

So far, I'm having a blast with bath bombs (no pun intended) but would like to make a mondo bomb with a surprise center or a center that would add something special to the overall affect. Does anyone have an idea about that? TIA

Steve

Edited by chuck_35550

Like what? Have it change colors? There are tablets that you can put in ... of course you could just have a colored insert in there too ... maybe wrap it all around a ball of glitter etc. 

I'll have to dig up the info on the colored tablets, but there are ones that cause water to change color ... it's not the food coloring stuff. 

Boy if they had miniature yellow duckies wouldn't that be fun for kids! (smaller than the key chain size)

Ooohh oohh oohh ... what about one kind of scent and a complementary one inside ... something with bloom to create something else ... 

for instance ... hmmm ... now to think on that, but for a kid maybe the fruit loops inside a bubble gum ball. 

Maybe something with lavender ... like it blooms into a chamomile (since the two are wonderful together) 

Or you could ax your butters in the regular recipe and have a little yolk of butter inside ... maybe. Don't know that I could say how to do it without making the tub slippery, but then there's natrasorb to help with that. 

Great ideas. I have back orders for the softball size mondo bombs and feedback on bath bombs in general is very positive. The bath could make a major come back if this keeps up. I think a little duckie would be cool, just not sure how that would hold up against the citric acid. Maybe the different fragrance core makes more sense, Scented. I think you could add fo to a clump of shea butter and or color and mold the bomb around it or make a smaller bomb and then coat it with the larger mold. I thought about placing a vitamin e gel in the center. Just have to monkey around with it. I made three batches of soap yesterday (my stock is almost gone) and am totally worn out. Thanks for the help.

Steve

Edited by chuck_35550

OK on the shea thing, make sure it's compensated for in your batch, because it's oil that you don't want to slick up the tub ... however, a bath melt thing inside just might work??? If you get the Saponifier, check out bath melts in this edition. 

Another thing you might consider ... though can't say I would want to clean it up ... herbals like lavender buds, calendula petals. 

Rubber bouncy balls? I'm not sure that the citric would chew on it that much. There's a way to test that though. Make one and set it aside for x-amount of time you think that bomb might sit on a shelf. Maybe 3 weeks, maybe a month. Then burn the bomb and see what happened. 

I think these might work for the coloring fizz if you hide a color. http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/color-fizzers-true-color-tablets.html

I'd add the salts first ... maybe some clay, but if it's sitting in the center of one that already has that stuff, just make the center fizz some color and release that milk. Milk is extremely great for the skin and so is yogurt powder ... going to tell you though that yp clumps up even dry so might require some actual sifting or at least breaking up of the clumps in some form. 

A challenge? Not from me lol. He got me thinking about what I can do to my bombs to offer a bit-o-surprise and now I want glitter bombs (literally) lol!

LOL....Awww....come on Scented....a bunch of us could make bath bombs and video tape them and see whos is most like Lush's....or maybe even better than theirs??!! :)

• Like 1