Shipping out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really appreciate those suppliers who are using flat rate shipping. Regardless, CB is right about shopping around for the best overall price. I wish there were more Amazon type deals available (Prime) where the shipping fee is included and not an additional amount. You have to be a smart shopper and hope that your plans work out so you can at least break even or make a marginal bit of profit. I miss the better economical times when you charge decent retail and wholesale prices for your product.

Steve

• Like 5

Nature's Garden just lowered their shipping rates again! The rate was 10% below advertised UPS rates, now their 18% below. I ordered 10lbs of palm wax, 2 pounds of FO, and a bunch of wicks and shipping was $14!

I discovered candlescience first, but I've really been into Nature's Garden lately. All of their oils have been really impressive. I think I'll be slowing shifting over to using more of their stuff.

• Like 3

Thats why I don't order from Candlewick.  There are a lot of things they have good prices on and they let you think they have the most wonderful pricing but then you go and order and the shipping is double what other honest companies charge.  They are definitely making a profit on the shipping without a doubt.  I get very infuriated over this company just for that reason.  I had an argument with one of the head people over there one time  and he wouldn't budge.  I had over 700.00 in my shopping cart and just couldn't believe the shipping.  I told them about it and said if they don't lower the shipping to what it should be, I would spend my 700.00 elsewhere and I sure did...at Candle Science.  They lost a good customer they could have had......That's not good business.  They should have ate some of the shipping if they weren't going to budge on the shipping to please me...that's what I think.

Trappeur

Guest OldGlory

Before I found Aztec I drove 120 miles one way to pick up a load of wax and jars. I was buying 6 boxes at a time and paying $33 a box for soy. Gas was a lot cheaper then too, so it was worth the drive. I cannot imagine having to pay to have this stuff delivered!

Peak used to carry my wax so I could drive the 8 miles (sorry for those driving over 100!) away and pick it up. They have since stopped carrying my wax, but I'm going to try to negotiate them getting it from IGI for me and reselling it to me in large quantities. Like 10+ cases at a time if not a pallet. 

We'll see. Not sure if I'll EVER need that much wax. LOL

Geez.. 100 miles is nothing. I drive 230 miles one way to get to C&S then on to Candlewic about another 30 minutes drive to pick up soap and candle supplies. I make this run about 2-3 times a year. Its definitely cheaper to pay for a tank of gas then have all my wax, FOs, jars, soaping oils, etc. shipped. But its so far its a full day trip from 6 am to about 6 pm to pick up everything. (I also stop off at Fillmore Containers for jars on my way back).

I am not the only one. I have met several chandlers who make the trip once a year or more. They load their cars or vans up with supplies and save a ton on shipping.

Went to Candlewic to get some of their bow tie wick holders. Over $18 to ship 30 wick holders? Really?? Has shipping gone that crazy!?!?!? I will go back to my old ways before paying that much shipping! Crazy!!!!!

So far, shipping has remained about the same for me.  However, I must say (and I do not want to resurrect my "bit--ing" post about Candlewic, lol) that imho certain companies do seem to pad the shipping charges.  Main - and probably only - reason I quit buying from Candlewic.

• Like 1

I hear ya!! Tonight I was so blessed to be able to drive to Aztec for all of my waxes and jars and not have to pay a dime for shipping. That was fantastic and wonderful! I also received 2 shipments today....shipping for one was $19.26 for 8 lbs of fragrance and the other was $16.99 shipping for 5 lbs of fragrance...ouch!!....but let me tell ya, it was SO worth it....hint...1st time buying from both Candle Cocoon and Sweetcakes....as I was sniffing OOB....I could just FEEL how much richer my line is about to get with these beautiful, unique and out of this world scents!! :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

Uh what did you get from CC? It's a good thing I'm so lazy & haven't bottled up your CC FOs! go ahead I'm drooling, what'd ya get from SCs?

Vanilla Voodoo, Tiger Lily and Cantaloupe, Sun Warmed Sandalwood, Sultry Angel, Red Banana, Ooey Gooey Caramel Goodness and Midnight Musk.... All awesome and am so tickled to have gotten. :)

Edited by puma52

Vanilla Voodoo, Tiger Lily and Cantaloupe, Sun Warmed Sandalwood, Sultry Angel, Red Banana, Ooey Gooey Caramel Goodness and Midnight Musk.... All awesome and am so tickled to have gotten. :)

Ok, Got it! Tiger Lily & Cantaloupe, do you think it's like the Soapalooza Cantaloupe & Lily?

• Like 1

Candle wic shipping is the worst I will not buy from them because of it. I'm in northern CA so I have to have most everything shipped in :( Lonestar TX is also pretty high on shipping which is why I also have stayed away from them. I like RE, Peak, and CS they have very reasonable rates IMO.

• Like 1

Let us know how they work out for you, please.  Have NO idea why they just will not work for me.  I tried following her directions to a "T", tried a bit less of FO, tried a bit more - nothing, they simply will not throw for me. Vanilla voodoo is the exception, only that one. 

Let us know how they work out for you, please.  Have NO idea why they just will not work for me.  I tried following her directions to a "T", tried a bit less of FO, tried a bit more - nothing, they simply will not throw for me. Vanilla voodoo is the exception, only that one.

Hi Ravens,

I am hoping to dig right into some of these scents this weekend. I use 4786 container wax. I already have an order for melting tarts for the Sun Warmed Sandalwood...gracious it smells wonderful...I hope it does not let me down. Everything I have always stuck in these waxes has thrown wonderful. So we shall see.... fingers crossed! :)

Ok, Got it! Tiger Lily & Cantaloupe, do you think it's like the Soapalooza Cantaloupe & Lily?

How can I describe this....it smells just as beautiful, but smells "richer" for lack of a better word. :) I just love them all! Hate the shipping, but LOVE what I got. :)

How can I describe this....it smells just as beautiful, but smells "richer" for lack of a better word. :) I just love them all! Hate the shipping, but LOVE what I got. :)

yes, that's what i thought. The TL&C is richer, all of CCs are that way. But, Soapaloozas throws better for me. Could you make two   candles to see how you do?

yes, that's what i thought. The TL&C is richer, all of CCs are that way. But, Soapaloozas throws better for me. Could you make two   candles to see how you do?

If I don't get to it tomorrow, I will try next weekend....I just love that scent! :)

• Like 1

I called to make sure the shipping price was correct and it was. I was going to order from Escentuals during their sale. Same thing. CRAZY high shipping. Not that one sale makes difference but they lost a sale on me. I"m completely SOL when it comes to wax. I have to buy from Candlewic. The only ones that carry CBL wax. Got lucky with a case on ebay last week but that rarely ever happens!