Aroma beads vs. Crushed corn cob

CandleAddict_RN

So for those of you that use aroma beads, have you tested them out from different suppliers? Have you found a difference in their performance based on supplier?

If you have tried both the aroma beads and crushed corn cob, which do you prefer? I like the aroma beads because I like to color them but I'm also afraid to use them for the car in the Texas heat where I live. 

I have always used BCN's beads so I can't help you with comparison.  I have tried the corn cob and liked the aroma beads better.  The corn cob just bugged be for some reason.  I live up in Wisconsin so it never gets that hot enough up here to have to worry about the beads melting.   

I guess I was not much help.  :)  Sorry!

There was a topic not long ago. Here is where the salt started in that thread:

http://www.craftserver.com/topic/104452-i-need-new-ideas-for-room-fresheners/?p=981021

That sounds interesting! How does the salt work? It holds the scent well? Can you color it?

The salt soaks up fragrance easily. Any old salt seems to work, but i like the large crystal just because it is pretty. Can be colored and heated/warmed on a wax or l warmer just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Very frustrated!!! So I've been trying to come up with something that will last as a car freshener and nothing seems to last very long! When I first tried the aroma beads they seemed to last at least a couple weeks strong and then slowly fade but doing a repeat of them and I can't even get a week! Or maybe it's just my nose. although I have my sons test them also and they don't seem to think they last very long either. So then i tried the crushed corn cob. Didn't even smell for a week. Now I'm trying the salt. Overdid the ratio on my first batch using White Tea & Ginger. Had to keep adding salt until I didn't see anymore oil droplets on the jar. It smelled awesome and put some in a sachet baggy and hung it in my car. After 2 days in there I can't smell the darn thing unless I'm holding it right up to the vent.   HELP!!! 

Any suggestions??

• 3 months later...