Dragon's Blood Palm candles and melts

thank you everyone.

ChandlerWicks - These are 5 oz apothecary jars. It's a toss up between this size and my 16oz as to which one is more popular. I love them both... 

Moonshine - Mad Oils DB is the only DB I have found that I like. I absolutely hate every other DB I have tried (I've tried at least 6-7 other DBs) In fact the only reason I even used this one is MO sent it to me as a sample and it was such a different DB than any I had ever smelled before I had to put it in wax. Now I can't wait to buy a bigger bottle. :)  

• Like 1

Moonshine, you really have to buy Palm wax. Peak has the best price & shipping on GlassGlow. Sad, Sad Lime Marhg. doesn't throw in it or my paraffin.

JCA- really cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It throws like mad in 415 after a couple week cure- did nothing for the first couple weeks- I think it may even be closer to a month cure

And this winter I will be trying out palm...had no idea it threw so well according to the reviews of people using it

It throws like mad in 415 after a couple week cure- did nothing for the first couple weeks- I think it may even be closer to a month cure

And this winter I will be trying out palm...had no idea it threw so well according to the reviews of people using it

It's hard to wick, and if you get the wrong wick - it makes the throw weaker. That's been my experience in the pillars and 16oz apoth's I use. 

I'm wick testing these 5oz'rs and expect it to be a drawn out process because wicking is such an issue with this wax... 

Those little apothecary jars are adorable! I love the color you use too. I have been using cinnamon red for my DB. I also like purple/red? can't think of the name of that color at the moment.

Have you tried CSNs for your palm jars? For a 16 oz jar I use a CSN12. I just find they give the best throw in my palm containers. They make a small size for small candles and votives too.

Candle Science is the only supplier that carries CSN wicks. CS commisioned a large wick company to study the glass glow wax and develop a wick specifically for it. They came up with the CSN. Thats why you only find them at CS. The wicks are very similar to RRDs and made by the same company I believe. I use RRDs as a backup wick but the CSNs work the best for me. If you buy them from CS use their wick guide then buy the the next smaller size that the guide recommends.

• Like 1

Perfect - thank you for the recommendations. :) 

I did a search and yeah, CS is the only company that came up besides a lot that carry CD's or CDN's (which are not the same I would assume) 

Anyway, I was going to put in a CS FO order here in the next week or so, so when I do, I'll order some wicks. :) 

You're welcome. Don't discount the CDN wicks. Someone here swore by them for their palm candles. Think it was either Stella or Sliver don't remember. I never tried them. When I read on CS website how they had their CSN wicks developed for them for glass glow I tried them out and loved them. But their wick guide is just a bit off when it comes to size.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried CSNs for your palm jars? For a 16 oz jar I use a CSN12. I just find they give the best throw in my palm containers. They make a small size for small candles and votives too.

Do you single wick your 16oz jar with the CSN12? I'll be doing a wick test with the CSN's this weekend. 

Just curious as to a starting point is all. 

I typically double wick my 16oz jars in my J50 wax, so was curious. It would be nice if I didn't have to double wick the palm as well.