Essential oil extraction methods

Candybee

Guest OldGlory

Someone else will have to explain that for you.

As with every endeavor, I am a researcher first. I read and read until I have a thorough understanding of something I want to try.

My understanding is that chemical extraction methods are less than ideal because of the potential/probable contamination of the essential oil by the chemical. Steam extraction, as a comparison, introduces nothing more than steam/water to the essential oil. That's what I look at when I buy an EO, and the extent of my knowledge in the simplest terms.

I should have included the steam distillation method too. Thanks for reminding me Old Glory. As far as I know I have only bought EOs that are steam distilled. But I still want to have an understanding of how each works, pros and cons, and the environment aspect. Hope someone here can explain it better for me. Or at least add what you know of each.

Guest OldGlory

It's under Exploring Aromatherapy in case you are having trouble finding the info. I tried and tried to copy and paste but my browser won't allow it.