Aztec..Forever Red..in Cp Soap

8-GRAN-ONES

I just wanted to share..

I only bought a 1 oz sample size of this fo.

I already posted about the bath bombs.

I made a 3 oz size sample bar in cp soap..

soaped room temp.

i used full water..

i used 1oz. PP of fo.

i didn't add any additives...

stirred only by hand..

it took about 3 min. to trace..

it has turned a slightly ivory color, with just a touch of yellow..at pour...but my recipe has rice bran..

i am anxious to see if the 1.1% vanilla content will cause it to darken..

i will let you know in a few days...

at pour the scent was still very true to OOB..

• Like 1

It smells almost dead on to the BBW spray - maybe just a bit sweeter. I just made a 1lb soap of this last weekend. I did a touch of vanilla stabilizer in it, so it's hard to say if it discolors, but so far mine is just as white as can be. (with the reddish/pink swirls that is! :))

Here's what it looks like so far. :) 

post-200-0-08264900-1406744420_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you. It's my daughter's favorite scent, which is why I got the dupe from Aztec. If you have a Bath &Body Works near you, that's where the scent is from. It's very sophisticated in a musky, fruity, vanilla-y way. LOL 

It's hard to describe and by Aztec's description I couldn't tell if it would smell similar to BBW's or not, but it does. Very much so. 

Guest OldGlory

I went to Aztec today and smelled their sample. I would say it's

1) sweet, you pick up the vanilla right away

2) fruity floral mid notes, still sweet-ish but soft and nice

3) and a soft base note

If my memory serves me. it sort of smells like White Shoulders perfume but a bit more vanilla/sweet.

Thank you. It's my daughter's favorite scent, which is why I got the dupe from Aztec. If you have a Bath &Body Works near you, that's where the scent is from. It's very sophisticated in a musky, fruity, vanilla-y way. LOL 

It's hard to describe and by Aztec's description I couldn't tell if it would smell similar to BBW's or not, but it does. Very much so. 

Next time I go by BBW I'm gonna run in and smell it. The description sounds like a great soap/bath and body type scent. These are what I am always looking for-- something really good in a CP soap.

• 5 weeks later...

You ladies have enabled me,lol..I'm looking forward to soaping Forever Red! I placed an order yesterday..I really needed lye, and lotion bottles, and couldn't resist ordering fo's. Aztec has some new introductory fragrances...Aveeda type Rosemary Mint, and Volcano Capri- Ordered these and also ordered Cantaloupe Lily, and Sea Minerals. 5 free samples i picked Oak for men, peach bellini, white peach and hibiscus, clean cotton- want to see how it compares to BCN and CS versions, and very sexy for women.

• Like 1