What is a good cinnamon seller for you?

GoldieMN

I've tried a number of cinnamon oils from a few companies but can't seem to find something that knocks my socks off.  Do you have a favorite or best seller?  I'm at a point of mixing what I have to come up with something I like but prefer not to do this.  I'm making pint jars of soy; mixture of two soys.

GoldieMN 

I've tried a lot of cinnamons over the years and don't like the red hot cinnamons or cinnamon stick.  I keep going back to Sweetcakes (just plain) cinnamon, so I've stopped trying others.  I can use .5 oz./lb and get super strong throw without problems with wicking. :)

I love red hot cinnamon better than cinnamon stick. But thats just me.

I use CS Red Hot Cinnamon and Cinnamon Stick and blend them 50/50%. It sells great for me.

I'm gonna have to try Sweetcakes version one of these days.

Edited by Candybee

I haven't tried Cinnamon Broom from Fragrance Buddy but some posters are saying it smells just like those pine cones or brooms they sell in the fall. That would be a great fragrance but otherwise I can't give straight cinnamon away in my neck of the woods.

• Like 1

I make a blend of cinnamon and macintosh apple that sells well if that helps.

That cinnamon broom sounds good. But that sounds to me like just another version of cinnamon stick or close to the EO scent-- woody. Like you, it wouldn't sell well in my area. Its got to be sweet and/or fruity or bakery blend. I mostly sell cinnamon blends.

Depends on what you notes you want to stand out. CS Macintosh Apple is very strong so if you want a blend thats evenly matched cinnamon to apple use 2 parts cinnamon to 1 part apple. If you want a fresher, fruitier apple with a touch of cinnamon blend it 50/50. Using parasoy let it cure a good 2-3 weeks for the cinnamon notes to come through. I always had to wait for cinnamon to cure in my parasoy candles.

Another great mix is cinnamon and sandalwood. I use CS Cinnamon Stix and Peaks Asian Sandalwood at 50/50. In parasoy you use at 6-8% and let it cure 2-3 weeks so all the notes come out. You may have to wait longer but its worth it.

• Like 1

Thanks.  Looks like I need a few more samples.  I just got some McIntosh from AH and have a few different cinnamons and vanillas so will do a little testing this weekend.  Waiting for two weeks will be tough! :)

Goldie

• 1 month later...

Cinnamon stick from Steve at the Candlemaker's store is the best straight cinnamon I've tried and is an excellent mixer.  I have one customer that will buy this scent by the case.  I've also used the one fromTennessee Candle Supplies with success. 

I like spiced Mulberry too. Couldn't move Cinna-Vanilla and don't really know what the problem was other than people were looking for something else. Surveying all the sellers in the market will give you an idea of how much overkill there is in spicy vanilla fragrances. They all start to smell the same in the long run. I could go for Cinnamon Broom if it really smells like that.