Received my Fragrance Buddy samples...

Those who know me know that I do NOT offer reviews on FO's OOB. Too many times, something that smelled outstanding initially either did not in wax or it did not have the longevity I expect. FB's bottles and labels have stepped up. Labels are more commercial looking (in a good way) and the bitty 1 ounce bottles are cobalt boston rounds. What I got previous were clear/frosted.

I will tell you what some of the ones I received smell like OOB but until I get these in wax (Friday and/or Saturday) and can test them I cannot tell you they are anything more than what I will share. Happy to share how they fared in wax in a week or so if you are interested!

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles=Buttered Popcorn

Birthday Cake-sweet and not weak.

Cinnamon Broom-VERY strong. Does smell like the cinnamon brooms/pinecones.

Pumpkin Pie Perfection-Stronger than some PP scents. Spicy (but I like that).

Strawberry Shortcake-smells a bit like Strawberry air freshener but I get a sense this one will be different in wax.

Salted Caramel-I get both the salted and caramel notes. Could it be that I found a caramel without nutty notes?

Sugar Cookie (FB blend)-STRONG and sweet.

Pumpkin Spiced-VERY spicy and strong.

Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread-Sweet and spicy. This one is a repeat for me. It was yummy in wax. It smells weak compared to all of these other super spicy ones I got this round!

Lemonade-Sweet and tart. Lemon with NO bakery nor dust cleaner smell. Oh, I need a good lemonade so I hope for this one to work out.

Pumpkin Apple-Smells like clean perfume. Really.

Blue Raspberry Jolly Rancher-Smells like a blue slushie from when I was a kid. My line tends toward authentic/realistic scents so this one may not work.

Harvest Gathering-sweet and spicy. A touch of apple. Mulled, no heavy orange. This one OOB is one of my favs.

Last but not least....Fairy Garden-smells like some Kudzu FO's I have tried. Sweet, grapey but wine like. Has a note OOB that I am not fond. Will see once in wax.

• Like 2

Please, do; would like to know. I bought a few of their FOs and not impressed with them. The crème brulee may just be the worst I've ever smelled. I kid you not, it smelled like musty socks, lol

However, their Flying Fox did well for me :-)

Please, do; would like to know. I bought a few of their FOs and not impressed with them. The crème brulee may just be the worst I've ever smelled. I kid you not, it smelled like musty socks, lol

However, their Flying Fox did well for me :-)

Did you get the Fairy Garden?

This company is growing on me as I continue to try their oils.  Many have been duds, but they have a few keepers that keep my interest up in trying them a little at a time.

Pink Sands -- amazingly good!

Coconut Cream Pie -- 24 hours after curing and it's the strongest one I've ever used

Mulberry -- I like this one because it's more fruity and less spicy as some mulberry scents tend to be

Cucumber Melon -- I've tried a dozen and this is the only one that fills up a room

Suntan Lotion -- this one reminds me the most of Hawaiian Tropic from Berts

Maple Walnut Fudge -- OOB it smells like nail polish remover; in wax, it blooms

I still have a few to test in wax (Harvest Gathering, The Olive Branch, and a few others)

My duds:

Amazing Grace type -- smells NOTHING like it, and yes, I wear the actual perfume :)

Most of the Lush types have been too light for tarts so I avoid them.

Cinnamon Broom -- perhaps I got a bad one because this one had zero throw in wax

French Vanilla Coffee -- had a very weird burnt orange note in it

There are more, but my mind just went blank.....

• Like 1

Harvest Gathering is one of my faves as well.  I had to go back a while ago & get me a bigger bottle ;)   

I am starting to think that I need to ask you about any FO I am planning to buy. We seem to have several favorites in common!

• Like 2

I just received samples for FB as well. I must admit that I was surprisingly impressed with them OOB. These are the ones I received:

Fierce - Lush type - not sure on this one yet - going to put it in soap and will compare to Natures garden version

Rock star - Lush type - strong and nice OOB - will soap this one

Avobath - Lush type - strong but smells like a lemon verbena scent, wondering if this one got mixed up

Twilight woods - my daughters fav - still trying to find one that we like, strong OOB, but has a waxy,musky smell I don't like

Salted Caramel - smells awesome OOB, and like Justa said, no strong nutty smell. I'm hopeful on this one. I have no Caramel or nut scents in my line, because I just can't handle that overpowering nutty aroma that is in most Caramel scents.

Pink Sands - nice. Will put in wax soon

Black Rasp Vanilla - smells good, typical...

Pepperberry Wreath - strong OOB. Reminds me of mistletoe, I will put in wax. I know some say they sell it year round, so I'm excited to see if it is less holiday like when in wax.

I will report back in a few days when put into applications.:)

• Like 3

I am starting to think that I need to ask you about any FO I am planning to buy. We seem to have several favorites in common!

Ha! We do like some very similar style scents, I know.   :)  I can't help you save money -  can only help you spend more of it.

I just received samples for FB as well. I must admit that I was surprisingly impressed with them OOB. These are the ones I received:

Fierce - Lush type - not sure on this one yet - going to put it in soap and will compare to Natures garden version

Rock star - Lush type - strong and nice OOB - will soap this one

Avobath - Lush type - strong but smells like a lemon verbena scent, wondering if this one got mixed up

Twilight woods - my daughters fav - still trying to find one that we like, strong OOB, but has a waxy,musky smell I don't like

Salted Caramel - smells awesome OOB, and like Justa said, no strong nutty smell. I'm hopeful on this one. I have no Caramel or nut scents in my line, because I just can't handle that overpowering nutty aroma that is in most Caramel scents.

Pink Sands - nice. Will put in wax soon

Black Rasp Vanilla - smells good, typical...

Pepperberry Wreath - strong OOB. Reminds me of mistletoe, I will put in wax. I know some say they sell it year round, so I'm excited to see if it is less holiday like when in wax.

I will report back in a few days when put into applications. :)

That one is awfully good too.  Smells alot like a "BHG" scent from wallyworld that they've now put in the "economy" size, I guess you'd call it.  Something like a Kiwi Melon ish.  Gals at work love this (I've been using with just salt in a warmer at work lately).  

Ha! We do like some very similar style scents, I know.   :)  I can't help you save money -  can only help you spend more of it.

Hey, you have steered me toward some that are in my line so you are actually helping me MAKE money!! I HIGHLY appreciate your suggestions.

I love their Salted Caramel, (CW's is good too) and their Mulberry.

I also like their birthday cake and sugar cookie and loved Harvest Gathering too. I'm going to get a big bottle of that one this time.

Circus Concession is another favorite of mine but I think I'm going to rename it, but it's an unusual scent. They really have some good oils, bad ones too, but I haven't ordered from a supplier that didn't.

Sun and Sand is good and strong but I don't know what the original smells like.

I'm going to have to try Pink Sands and Cinnamon Broom after reading the reviews! 

I also have a sample of coconut cream pie that I'm tempted to put in wax today. I have a large bottle from Starville and it just smells funny OOB. 

I love their Salted Caramel, (CW's is good too) and their Mulberry.

I also like their birthday cake and sugar cookie and loved Harvest Gathering too. I'm going to get a big bottle of that one this time.

Circus Concession is another favorite of mine but I think I'm going to rename it, but it's an unusual scent. They really have some good oils, bad ones too, but I haven't ordered from a supplier that didn't.

Sun and Sand is good and strong but I don't know what the original smells like.

I'm going to have to try Pink Sands and Cinnamon Broom after reading the reviews! 

I also have a sample of coconut cream pie that I'm tempted to put in wax today. I have a large bottle from Starville and it just smells funny OOB. 

What do you think of Starvilles other FOs? I'm getting ready to order & any suggestions would be great! It's Mike's Fragrance Oils now?

Mike's cream brûlée is wonderful! I use it and Cajun's and just renamed Mikes.

I like his prices, but not the descriptions he uses. They don't give much information.

I also have some of their toasted marshmallow and Buttercream and coconut cream pie.  I can send you a sample of each if you would like one.

I can't say how the others I have are in wax. I've only put his Cream brûlée in wax. OOB they smell different. I don't know how to explain it, just now like I expected. But, I just smelled his cream brûlée OOB and it didn't smell good either but it sure does in wax!

HTH

Let me know if you would like samples and I'll get them in the mail to you.

Edited by Belinda

Mike's cream brûlée is wonderful! I use it and Cajun's and just renamed Mikes.

I like his prices, but not the descriptions he uses. They don't give much information.

I also have some of their toasted marshmallow and Buttercream and coconut cream pie.  I can send you a sample of each if you would like one.

I can't say how the others I have are in wax. I've only put his Cream brûlée in wax. OOB they smell different. I don't know how to explain it, just now like I expected. But, I just smelled his cream brûlée OOB and it didn't smell good either but it sure does in wax!

HTH

Let me know if you would like samples and I'll get them in the mail to you.

I've tried his Creme Brulee and stopped looking for any others. Thank-you for the offer but I'll order some samples. That is very sweet of you!

• Like 1

YAY!

I am pouring mine tomorrow.

Today I took the day off and am digging in the dirt. That boat needs to get planted, you know!

You deserve to have a day off! Are you ready to try Sugar Cookie Royale yet? I don't think it's sweet enough for you, tho.

Avobath I get a lemongrass scent, which Lush's version is lemongrass and avocado. I think it's going to be a great scent. 

Those Lush dupes though, I think, are meant more for B&B than candles. 

I want them to go after the Breath of God Lush fragrance though. Not sure they will. 

The Rose Jam I got is stinky stinky and more stinky. 

American Cream seems decent

Bought the Circus Concessions and while not a foodie fan, it could be decent. 

Warm Welcome to me was a peeee uuuu. 

I'm not convinced that the Lavender Sage is a deep and as bodied as MW's was. 

I like the Dead Sexy, but not sold on the Bombshell Diamonds.

• Like 1

Avobath I get a lemongrass scent, which Lush's version is lemongrass and avocado. I think it's going to be a great scent. 

Those Lush dupes though, I think, are meant more for B&B than candles. 

I want them to go after the Breath of God Lush fragrance though. Not sure they will. 

The Rose Jam I got is stinky stinky and more stinky. 

American Cream seems decent

Bought the Circus Concessions and while not a foodie fan, it could be decent. 

Warm Welcome to me was a peeee uuuu. 

I'm not convinced that the Lavender Sage is a deep and as bodied as MW's was. 

I like the Dead Sexy, but not sold on the Bombshell Diamonds.

No, it's not. MWs have a depth & what I call a thickness to them. But to me they have the same scent (I don't know what to call it) as hers. Wouldn't the difference be in the amount of scent they use to create the FOs? & that's why these are cheaper?  Hopefully I'll be able to wick them better, because they are thinner or less scent in them.

You deserve to have a day off! Are you ready to try Sugar Cookie Royale yet? I don't think it's sweet enough for you, tho.

Miss Belinda sent me some melts made with it some time back. While her melts were awesome, I think that it was not sweet enough for me. I still have half of her clamshell remaining. I need to try it again.

I SURE hope some of these I will pour tomorrow will be winners. I have 2 new to add for Summer but I would like to add 4-5.

Karen,

Maybe I should send you some of the oil instead! It might do better in your wax blend. I have 2 16OZ bottles so I'm pretty well stocked on it and sure don't mind sending you some! I love it! But I think I have to say that I love Mrs. Claus Cookies from NG better. 

SCR reminds me of SVS from CW.

But let me know and I'll send you some! My wax may not have done it justice (can't remember what I used, surprisingly)  *shudder*

• Like 1

No, it's not. MWs have a depth & what I call a thickness to them. But to me they have the same scent (I don't know what to call it) as hers. Wouldn't the difference be in the amount of scent they use to create the FOs? & that's why these are cheaper?  Hopefully I'll be able to wick them better, because they are thinner or less scent in them.

i have had trouble wicking really rich and thick scents before too..

• Like 1

Miss Belinda sent me some melts made with it some time back. While her melts were awesome, I think that it was not sweet enough for me. I still have half of her clamshell remaining. I need to try it again.

I SURE hope some of these I will pour tomorrow will be winners. I have 2 new to add for Summer but I would like to add 4-5.

I haven't tried it yet, but what about Lime Margarita? Moonshine & Proud Marine Mom have made me crazy over it & I haven't even smelled it yet!

Karen,

Maybe I should send you some of the oil instead! It might do better in your wax blend. I have 2 16OZ bottles so I'm pretty well stocked on it and sure don't mind sending you some! I love it! But I think I have to say that I love Mrs. Claus Cookies from NG better. 

SCR reminds me of SVS from CW.

But let me know and I'll send you some! My wax may not have done it justice (can't remember what I used, surprisingly)  *shudder*

I will almost bet all of my furbabies she won't like it. Not sweet enough! If it doesn't make your ache, it's a no go.

• Like 1