What is this?

Xizelle

I have been testing different blends for several months now.  Last night I tried out a 75% 6006 and a 25% 4625 blend.  FO and Color was added at 180 and poured at 170. In my testing I've never had this happen, can anyone give me any advice on what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks in advance

hQbH5j9.jpg?1

Edited by Xizelle

Guest OldGlory

I think it's the 6006. I use 6006 for candles and see that on the surface quite often, especially in repours. Mine have almost a paisley pattern. I don't mind it and I haven't had any complaints. As long as it doesn't effect the performance of the wax, can you overlook it?

Have you ever looked at the surface of a $26 Yank** candle? Not what I would call pretty, lol. Bottom line - I don't think people care as long as it smells great.

Thanks everyone for the input!  They smell amazing so I will probably just send them to my testers like this and tell them to overlook that.  I'm wondering, would a bit of Vybar or UA help with this? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

All my 6006 turns out like that, it usually happens when I don't stir, stir, stir that cooling wax. It doesn't effect the throw at all. I'm getting ready to test my 6006/4625 combo in tarts today, I'll post my thoughts if I can find the thread again! :) The only difference I have noticed is that it cuts the HT and CT down a little, but I like my candles and tarts super strong. My husband says they are a little less strong than the straight blend, the jury is still out on the addition of burn time at this point for me, I don't think it's worth the mix.

I wouldn't worry one bit about that.....I believe it's the pour temperature.  I've had that happen to me lots of times and I use 464.  If I don't pour at exactly the right temperature at times I get that and it's kind of hard now that it is getting colder to adjust the pouring temperature.  I want my candles to come out smooth as glass and yours looks pretty smooth with a very slight variation, almost like a design.....I even think kind of pretty.  I wouldn't waste my time about that what so ever!  It's perfectly fine.  And like Old Glory said, ....go look at some of big name brand candles.....Pretty ugly if you ask me.

Trappeur