Favorite FOs from Sweetcakes

poorawaste

hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and fragrance oils in general. I just purchased a few FOs from sweetcakes and I love them. Creeds Green Irish Tweed and Bergamot Coriander are my favorite so far. I have yet to try out the rest i bought: Hotel Costes, Molton Brown Naran ji, and CS Aloha Tier. I currently make shower gels and reed diffusers only.

I plan to buy a few more and would love to hear some reccos based on your sweetcakes experiences. Which ones are your must haves?

thanks

Poora

I've never met a Sweetcakes FO that I didn't like LOL!!  Their florals are all very true and Lily of the Valley has been my best selling floral for over 15 years now in candles, CP soap & lotion.  It's also my favorite scent ever!  The black raspberry & pomegranate FO's are wonderful alone or as mixers & the 2 mixed together is my best selling soap and shower gel. 

All you need to do is pick what sounds good to you and I don't think you will be disappointed.  Have fun!! ;)

Love love love hotel costes! Fresh grass, sweet yellow pear, champaca & bamboo, chocolate and dewy green cactus are wonderful- in have only used them in soy candles but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them in B & B products

I had not placed an order with them as so many of the scents raved about here seemed like earthier scents than I, and my customers, prefer.

I took a chance and placed an order yesterday for the following:

Pumpkin Spice

Blackberry

Clean (type)

Black Raspberry

Rosemary Mint

Tide (type)

Strawberry

I already use Tide from another supplier but I always want to make certain that I have selected the best one for my wax and my system. I can report back my thoughts on these I purchased but it will be a week or so.

Edited by justajesuschick
  • Like 1

I think you'll like all of those that you ordered- I like the Mango Sugar Mint, Snow Place Like Home, and Amazing Grace as well.  I'll have to try mixing the Black Rasp and Pomegranate- sounds wonderful in soap or lotion, I always learn something here!

I had not placed an order with them as so many of the scents raved about here seemed like earthier scents than I, and my customers, prefer.

Pumpkin Spice

Blackberry

Clean (type)

Black Raspberry

Rosemary Mint

Tide (type)

Strawberry

I already use Tide from another supplier but I always want to make certain that I have selected the best one for my wax and my system. I can report back my thoughts on these I purchased but it will be a week or so.

Thank you. Would love to hear your reviews when you get those.

Pumpkin Spice

Blackberry

Clean (type)

Black Raspberry

Rosemary Mint

Tide (type)

Strawberry

I personally luv Clean. ;-)  Few others too.  

I did not like their pumpkin spice in tarts!!! Thought it smelled awful, like vomit. Also, I thought their scents were too light for my wax. Those things with the hefty price were enough to turn me off from Sweet Cakes. Just my opinion.

I did not like their pumpkin spice in tarts!!! Thought it smelled awful, like vomit. Also, I thought their scents were too light for my wax. Those things with the hefty price were enough to turn me off from Sweet Cakes. Just my opinion.

Interesting. So who do you recommend for FOs? And any fragrances in particular that work for you?

Sweet Cakes are the best oils in my opinion. No matter what scent I have purchased, it always outsells everything else.  Their Blueberry is the best that I have every smelled and a staple in my line. Other favorites include True Rose, Peony, Lime Margarita, Black Raspberry, and Mandarin Orange. Their Masculine Musk is also another wonderful one.

I've never met a Sweetcakes FO that I didn't like LOL!! Their florals are all very true and Lily of the Valley has been my best selling floral for over 15 years now in candles, CP soap & lotion. It's also my favorite scent ever! The black raspberry & pomegranate FO's are wonderful alone or as mixers & the 2 mixed together is my best selling soap and shower gel.

All you need to do is pick what sounds good to you and I don't think you will be disappointed. Have fun!! ;)

Based on your glowing reviews of Lily of the Valley and Pomegranate, on a whim I ordered and have received these fragrances from Sweetcakes, along with several others. They all smell divine out of the bottle. What kind of wax do you use with your candles? Do these throw in 415? Now that I think about it, I think you use a parasoy, right? Do these fragrances stick in CP soap? Do they discolor? Reach trace fast? What else can you tell me about these FOs? By the way, these florals happen to be favorites of mine also, just never tried them from Sweetcakes. I'm trying to minimize my testing ... getting lazy LOL.

Edited by cynthia3030

Cynthia you are right I use my own parasoy blend for my candles and Sweetcakes FO's have a terrific throw at right around 1/2 to 3/4 oz/lb.  Both the Lily of the Valley & the pomegranate do stick in CP soap and neither discolor that I know of. I usually do a green swirl with the LOTV and it stays a creamy off white because of the goat's milk I use and no gelling.  The pomegranate I usually mix with SC's Black Raspberry and I color my soap a raspberry color.  The LOTV doesn't accelerate on me, but I soap really cool oils, usually around 85 to 90 degrees. 

• Like 1

I resisted sweetcakes for years. Now i am kicking myself. Like scent works, the prices reflect some fab quality scent oils. They can usually be used at lower usage rates in my blends. The depth and complexity of the scents makes them totally worth the investment for me.

So far i have tried in soap: Margarita, Gin Martini, Blueberry, Blueberry Verbena, Strawberry, Mango tea, Peony petals, Tahitian Petals, Sweetgrass, Sun ripened raspberry, And a few more.

All are good alone and great as blenders.

I resisted sweetcakes for years. Now i am kicking myself. Like scent works, the prices reflect some fab quality scent oils. They can usually be used at lower usage rates in my blends. The depth and complexity of the scents makes them totally worth the investment for me.

So far i have tried in soap: Margarita, Gin Martini, Blueberry, Blueberry Verbena, Strawberry, Mango tea, Peony petals, Tahitian Petals, Sweetgrass, Sun ripened raspberry, And a few more.

All are good alone and great as blenders.

How did the strawberry behave in CP soap &  did you try it yet in candles?    Is it a pretty true FO?   Glad you finally came over to the dark side of Sweetcakes LOL!!! 

• Like 1

How did the strawberry behave in CP soap &  did you try it yet in candles?    Is it a pretty true FO?   Glad you finally came over to the dark side of Sweetcakes LOL!!!

I used it in a blend in CP, and plan to make a batch with it alone. In the blend it was perfectly behaved and smells the best of all i have bought since the start of the Great Strawberry Search beating all NG varieties hands down.

I need to put it into some wax. I have a feeling it will be great in Palm, but not as easy in soy. I hope to prove myself wrong! Will let you know.