1st Pour in Seven Years - Cappuccino Hazelnut

Thank you.

I admit, I was way nervous when I did it. Being away from this for so long, I remembered what to do and how to do it but I still found myself with butterflies in my stomach.

At least Jim Morrison kept me calm - I was listening to The End when I poured these. Only obstacle now is testing, those were poured in 2" molds, I've never used them before.

Nope! Only jumping around I do is Break On Through when I'm working on my marbled candles - although I'm also prone to doing it during L.A. Woman.

I only listen to the Doors when I'm pouring. Something about Jim's voice soothes the senses and keeps the concentration on high.

• Like 1

Standard aluminum molds, Scented. I poured them insanely cold though - right around 125-130* and had the molds in the freezer for about 30 minutes while I prepared the wax. Then I took one mold out at a time, splashed wax into the mold, waited for 7 seconds and then poured slow to get the jump lines. Actually couldn't believe my eyes when I pulled them out of the molds.

Thank you, mystic

I do whatever I can to avoid them when I'm doing sleek candles, too. This is actually the first time I purposely tried to get the jump lines and it turned out fantastic so I'll definitely be trying it again in the future. Honestly, nothing beats the feel of a sleek candle in your hand but it adds a whole new dimension handling them when there's texture to them.

Not entirely sure I'm going to burn those, I'm thinking about putting them on a mirror and keeping them on my dining room table as a centerpiece.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping again to show how jump lines can add some beauty to a pillar candle.

I'm issuing a challenge to experienced candle makers(and Newbies that want to participate) to pour a candle that produces jump lines..........Jump lines are my passion ......if you want to participate....go for it, if not then just sit back and watch!!!!!!!!!!