Finally!!! after over 2 years!!!

Hi everyone!

To all you new soapers, it took me over two years of soaping to finally have enough patience to do this.....LOL! I've had to learn to whisk instead of stickblend.... :grin2::yay: So, if you are new to soaping, don't feel bad....haha! I'm very proud of these if you can't tell... Fresh Sugar Lemon scent.

post-14020-139458519653_thumb.jpg

I made these for Easter and Mother's Day also. Not exactly what I was going for on either one of them but I think they turned out good.

post-14020-13945851966_thumb.jpg

Kelly

Beautiful. How long did it take to whisk versus using the stick blender? I imagine you whisked to slow down trace, right?

Is this the Soap Queen linear swirl using a slab mold?

Thanks everyone! I was super excited since I have tried to do this several times but I either used the wrong fragrance and it traced to quickly or I used the wrong recipe or I didn't like the colors and stick blended too much. Ha!

It is a slab mold but not from Brambleberry. I just stickblended to emulsification (no trace), then added my fragrance oil and stirred it in with a whisk. I had my colors ready and just poured and stirred with a spoon til they were blended pretty good but I did use the stickblender very quickly to get them fully blended, very quickly then stirred some more. I researched the fragrance oil and it had good reviews for not accelerating. I had plenty of time to get it all in the mold, the thin lines are only on the top portion. Skewer back and forth and that was it. I started to go diagonally but changed my mind. I wanted it to be more like a feather look. Made huge mess!!! LOL

Kelly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...