Anyone heard of "Mike’s Fragrances N More"

brown5052

• 4 months later...

Ok, now I am utterly confused, and at my age I don't need the extra confusion, lol.  I typed "Starrville" and here pops this website that I remember from long ago, and that I thought was owned (or run) by Mike, who moved from the town of Starrville to Tyler (just a few miles up the road).

The name was changed to "Mike's fragrances and more".

Both websites are working. 

Would love to know what is happening there.  Did the company split (similarly to what happened between GL and JBN) or are they two totally separate/different companies?

Going to send an email to Starrville and ask.  Anyone know, by any chance?

TIA

• Like 1

Well, just received an e-mail, which I'm copying & pasting here with the sender's permission.  The fog cleared up! Here it is:

"You are not alone in your confusion. Starrville was owned by Mike.  Glinda and I sold the business to him in August of 2011.  In January of 2014 Glinda and I filed a lawsuit to repossess the company. Mike had closed the Starrville location in Tyler so we reopened it on January 27th. We have been in the process of rebuilding the inventory and our customer base. Mikesfragrancesnmore is not the same company as Starrville. We are in the process of restocking our original fragrances from the suppliers that Starrville used prior to the sale to Mike.   After about 1 year Mike started to manufacture his own fragrances.  This might be why he discontinued some fragrances.  All of our fragrances are manufactured by reputable national corporations who quality check every fragrance they ship.  Please be assured that you will get the best quality available for the price. Most of our prices are actually lower now than they were three years ago.  We do have the High Maintenance in stock now and it is very good.

I thank you for your email.  If you have friends that would like like this information please feel free to share it with them.  I am enclosing a link to the Tyler Morning Telegraph on an article they recently did on us. It pretty well explains the situation.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-Business/201315/soapmaking-shop-slips-back-into-original-owners-hands#.U5825xafNFw

Copy and paste this into a browser
Again, thank you for your interest,

Tom
Starrville
Sent from my iPad

• Like 1

I bought from Starrville with the previous owner's, apparently bought from them when Mike took over, fell for the email he sent saying the name had changed and ordered from him and by my own mistake ordered the wrong fragrance due to a confusing screen page.  I offered to pay the freight to ship back what I got and pay the freight to get what I actually needed and was told NO since I was the one who ordered it wrong.  He said no other company would switch oils with me if I ordered wrong.  I called BS on that especially since I was going to pay all the freight to and from to fix it.  That is not customer service in any industry.  Then by chance that same day I received an email from the original Starville folks notifying me they were back and running, they had the product I needed in stock and I am happy to say I got what I needed in 3 days.  Mike had the chance to keep a customer, he showed poor judgement and I will never order from him again. 

Well, just received an e-mail, which I'm copying & pasting here with the sender's permission.  The fog cleared up! Here it is:

"You are not alone in your confusion. Starrville was owned by Mike.  Glinda and I sold the business to him in August of 2011.  In January of 2014 Glinda and I filed a lawsuit to repossess the company. Mike had closed the Starrville location in Tyler so we reopened it on January 27th. We have been in the process of rebuilding the inventory and our customer base. Mikesfragrancesnmore is not the same company as Starrville. We are in the process of restocking our original fragrances from the suppliers that Starrville used prior to the sale to Mike.   After about 1 year Mike started to manufacture his own fragrances.  This might be why he discontinued some fragrances.  All of our fragrances are manufactured by reputable national corporations who quality check every fragrance they ship.  Please be assured that you will get the best quality available for the price. Most of our prices are actually lower now than they were three years ago.  We do have the High Maintenance in stock now and it is very good.

I thank you for your email.  If you have friends that would like like this information please feel free to share it with them.  I am enclosing a link to the Tyler Morning Telegraph on an article they recently did on us. It pretty well explains the situation.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-Business/201315/soapmaking-shop-slips-back-into-original-owners-hands#.U5825xafNFw

Copy and paste this into a browser

Again, thank you for your interest,

Tom

Starrville

Sent from my iPad

Ok Ravens, which company has the incredible Creme Brulee?