Newbie wanted to share one of my best sellers

mystic sowles

Hi, I am new to the forum and wanted to share a photo of one of my best selling melts. Chocolate Covered Strawberries. I sold everyone I made-30. I was so excited!!! I lost my job last June and I haven't been able to find another one, so I decided to take up making wax melts and air fresheners. I had a tough time in the beginning getting a good strong hot throw scent, but I think I have mastered it now. WOOOO HOOO!!!

My first sale was $30.00 and the guy who bought the product has put in another order. I didn't think I could do this, but he has given me HOPE again. I wish anyone new to Candle Making Great Success!!!!

Penny

post-35160-139458518669_thumb.jpg

Thank You all for your comments. I sold out of the strawberries for now. Once I get more supplies I will be making more.

I just finished making celestial scented tear drops.(I used an onval shaped mold). plus lilac scented eggs as well. My dad loves those. My ideas just keep flowing. My next project is Jelly Beans and other Easter themes. What r all you up to?

LOL, it's the only way I can enjoy treats, especially chocolate ones. If I can't eat them, I can at least enjoy the smell of them. Not to mention it's better for the waist line.--

( : I'm working on a flyer and business card and I have "Scentfully Fulfilling" as my motto.

I have Blueberry Muffin, Maple Walnut Fudge, and Red Velvet scents. I'm stuck on how to I want to use them. Any suggestions? The Red Velvet I was thinking of doing mini cake squares. I have a mini muffin mold but it's still too big for a melt. I actually use that for muffin fire starters for the spring, summer campers. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

I'm very new, too, so please bear that in mind while reading...

A few months ago, when I decided to research candle making (both for fun and for profit), I read something that still resonates.

The advice was to offer a large range of products in the very beginning, find a few products which sell well within that large variety, and drop the others (for now). Concentrate on your sellers to get some revenue stream, and slowly work your way back outward using companions to your sellers. Maybe chocolate dipped bananas could compliment your current seller?

Some here are likely to disagree, but I'm finding that's another joy in candle making; you can be as imaginative in your strategies as you can in your products!

Those look beautiful, btw!