Peaks Birthday Cake FO

Gloria Dawson

Hi Karen,

I've tried it in my favorite blend of paraffin/soy and it just didn't throw as well as my other scents. It did have a stronger scent in my 4625/4630 blend but only lasted about 5 hrs. I always add FO at 180 degrees stir for about 3 minutes then pour. Should I be adding at a higher temp?

I get excellent CT and HT from that fragrance. It's actually a top personal favorite of mine! I use a para/soy blend 8% FO and pour at about 175. I have noticed that with that particular fragrance, it crystallizes really bad, so I constantly shake the FO bottle when pouring!

Gracey I went back and tested one of my tarts and it smells amazing! I think what happened is I was testing so many different wax blends with this fragrance that my nose was numb to this scent and I had to get away from it for a few days. I think it will be one of my favorites too!

That's happened to me before Gloria. I poured a scent and even though it smelled good while I was stirring, it had very little scent to me after it had set up in clamshells.I thought "I won't be buying that one again". I sent some with a friend of mine to a craft show and when she was giving me back what hadn't sold, there was one of that particular scent left and she said "Several people bought this one" I couldn't believe it so I opened it up and it smelled so much better and stronger than it had smelling of it in the room where I had been pouring. We just get immune to all those good scents floating around us! LOL!

• Like 1

Peak's birthday cake is one of the fo's I test with different wax combos because I always get a strong throw from it, and it's one of my favorites (I love bakery and vanilla scents). I do let them cure for awhile, esp with soy combos... Our noses can fool us sometimes too when pouring...

• Like 1

Peak's birthday cake is one of the fo's I test with different wax combos because I always get a strong throw from it, and it's one of my favorites (I love bakery and vanilla scents). I do let them cure for awhile, esp with soy combos... Our noses can fool us sometimes too when pouring...

That's for sure! I think my nose has really been messing with me lately :(

• 7 months later...

I've tried an inordinate amount of different birthday cake FOs trying for the right one. Just Scent's is really the only one I like for its lack of chemical smell like from other sources....

I'm testing with the 4627 and I get a really good throw with 8%. Any more and it sweats really bad and any less suffers in the throw.

My house smells so good when I use this! But just to satisfy my curiousity, I ordered a sample of Peaks. We'll see how it goes!

• 2 weeks later...

I like aztec the most.  I think it will all depend on your wax though.  I had used the RE one that everyone raves about, but it smelled weaker to me.  And I don't like many of aztec's scents which should say something... they can be good though for certain scents, not many but some.

Edited by paintednightsky

• 1 month later...

After testing many, I settled on LS birthday cake. Could not believe how good and strong it is! A keeper, for sure :-)

Hi Ravens!

Do you get any other scents from there? I can't even believe my pea sized little brain is entertaining the thought of...my I must try yet another new company because the 183 samples I already have just must not be enough!! Lord..help me!! Please?? Lol

• Like 1

In all honesty, not all of their FOs are great, but there are some that I just cannot do without, and they are:

Birthday cake

Candied yams

Butternut pumpkin

Fall festival

Cedar

Vanilla maple pecan

Home sweet home

Dicken's Christmas

Apple hot baked pie

Hawaiian blast.

Hth :)