Mardi Gras anyone?

Jcandleattic

Yes, another marbled pillar.

This one was fun. I tried to get it to smell like a King Cake - (but dont' think I achieved that! HA) it's scented with a mix of Amish Friendship Bread and Berry Bundt Cake. It's close, but it doesn't really have the 'sugary' sweetness to it that a King Cake has.

I have a friend who is from NOLA and her bday is in Feb, so this is going to become hers. :) The colors are so much more vibrant in person than they are in the pic. (took the pics late last night, so just room lighting, no natural light - grrr)

Oh well.

Let me know what you think! :)

post-212-139458517963_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458517978_thumb.jpg

Thanks Sabrina!

I have one written up, and now have pics, but the problem now is finding the time to actually put the pics in the right order in the tut and then getting it posted/published.

I wish there was a way on this forum when creating a post to save it as a draft. There might be, but I haven't had the time to look and see.

But soon, very soon I'll get it done. :)

Thanks!

You should try it! (I think everyone should try it at least once!) This candle from start to finish, only took a total of 2.5 hours, and most of that was waiting for the wax to cool enough to do the technique (about 15 minutes) and then to cool enough to take out of the mold - about an hour and a half.

I would love to learn how to do that! Please please please send tutorial!

Very beautiful- the hearts are the same technique?

Tutorial is in the tutorial section. :) Yes, the Valentine pillars, and heart pillar are all the same technique. You can do this with any 1 color or multiple colors. I've never done more than 6 colors - I would think after that many it would just get muddy, but I don't know.

If you have any questions, just let me know! :)

And thank you!

Beautiful. Thanks for the information, I am going to give this a try. I am not sure how well paraffin candles will sell for me. I love to make them, but stopped a few years ago when they wouldn't sell. I always have people come up to me asking for soy candles. Soy is ok for containers but is too soft for pillars.

Cindy

I would love to learn how to do that! Please please please send tutorial!

Very beautiful- the hearts are the same technique?

Oh, did you mean the little hearts on the plate with the candle? I misunderstood and thought you meant my heart pillar in another post. If you mean the little hearts on the plate, yes, same technique for the "marbled" ones. What I did, was after pouring into the mold, I just took some of the leftover wax that was left in the pour pot and smooshed it into my silicone heart mold. After the candle was cooled and and I did the re-pour, the wax that was left from the re-pour I poured into the heart mold as well.

I hope this is clarified a little more for you.

Beautiful. Thanks for the information, I am going to give this a try. I am not sure how well paraffin candles will sell for me. I love to make them, but stopped a few years ago when they wouldn't sell. I always have people come up to me asking for soy candles. Soy is ok for containers but is too soft for pillars.

Cindy

When people ask me for soy candles, I try and educate them in telling them that one wax is not "better" or more "natural" or whatever the new hype is for every new wax that comes along, than the other. Most listen to my spiel and end up buying. Some do not. I'm fine with both. :)

I am very careful not to bash any wax, because I sincerely think that no wax is "better" than any other wax. It simply is a matter of preference.

It is all refined in a way that is not "natural". You do not find soy WAX in nature, just soy beans. Same as you do not find paraffin wax in nature, but you do find the oil that paraffin is made out of in nature.

So, to me, it's 6 of 1, half dozen of another.

But that is just me, and my opinion. :)

• Like 1

That is the ultimate of cool!

Thanks. I've been away from candles, and haven't really played with wax in several months, so getting back into it to do this, well, it's been fun to say the least. It's funny how you don't realize you miss something until you take it up again, and boy after working with wax over this last weekend made me realize I really did miss it.

So with that being said, watch out! I will be even more of a posting fool after I get back from this vacation because I'll have lots of goodies to show off. :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks! The place I got my Jiffy Wicker is no longer in business and hasn't been for a very very long time, but you can wing it. You can use craft foam cut to size, and a wick tab (a wick tab is what i use with the foam I got with the wicker) and then find a bar to go across the top. Easy Peasy! :)

Let me know if there's anything else I can answer. :)

That is very pretty, nice job! And such a cool name for it.

I can vouch at how addicting making marbles are - I made so many marbles and posted the pictures that I couldn't think of making a straight pour candle with just one color. Once you get the timing down, it's easy peasy to do.

I can't wait to get my supplies from Peak's now - I'm itching to do one - LOL!!

• 4 years later...