Incense

kforbs126

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their shipping was super fast but I have not tried SOS so I cannot compare. Like I stated before they were a little better than Madina's. But I still threw some away. I ordered 500 just to check them out and out of that 500 I threw away about 15 maybe. Never really counted them. But I never counted the bundles either to see it there were really 100 per bundle. :embarasse

But you can bet your sweet bippey I will start counting them!!!

I have not used any of them yet and I am not at home right now but when I get home tonight I am going to count how many I was left with. That should give me an idea of how many I actually started with.

I will let you know what I come up with.

Edited by pcbrook

Their shipping was super fast but I have not tried SOS so I cannot compare. Like I stated before they were a little better than Madina's. But I still threw some away. I ordered 500 just to check them out and out of that 500 I threw away about 15 maybe. Never really counted them. But I never counted the bundles either to see it there were really 100 per bundle. :embarasse

But you can bet your sweet bippey I will start counting them!!!

I have not used any of them yet and I am not at home right now but when I get home tonight I am going to count how many I was left with. That should give me an idea of how many I actually started with.

I will let you know what I come up with.

That's a pretty decent ratio of throw away as long as you get close to 100. I hope the results are good cause I will order from them then. It's a ton cheaper for me to order sticks, dpg and bags from wellington compared to SOS because they charge 25% higher unless you are a member which I'm not.

Well I went through my Wellington order last night. The bundle I went through when I got the order had 91 left out of it so I am guessing I did not throw away as many as I thought I did. The rest of the four bundles had anywhere from 95 to 99 in each bundle. Out of 386 I had 56 bad ones. I am not sure if I am being too picky but if they look too skinny or if you hold them up they bend over and are too wobbly I throw them out. Some of them were broke and then there were a few that had chunks out of them and looked bad to me. Hope that helps.

Edited by pcbrook

Well I went through my Wellington order last night. The bundle I went through when I got the order had 91 left out of it so I am guessing I did not throw away as many as I thought I did. The rest of the four bundles had anywhere from 95 to 99 in each bundle. Out of 386 I had 56 bad ones. I am not sure if I am being too picky but if they look too skinny or if you hold them up they bend over and are too wobbly I throw them out. Some of them were broke and then there were a few that had chunks out of them and looked bad to me. Hope that helps.

Wow that's a lot of bad ones then. Jeez why isn't there that many suppliers out there? Thanks for the info. I gotta really decide what I want to do.

Wellington for 10,000 sticks shipped is $68.06 and SOS is $84.19, huge difference. Obviously if I ordered with DPG and bags it would be a bit cheaper with combined shipping. So really even if you have a bit more bad with wellington I think you are still way ahead.

I just sent an email to SOS about all the bad ones and about the bundles being short on the amount there suppose to be. Many of my bundles only had between 80 and 85 pieces When you remove the bad ones from that the bundles came up really short. I will see what they say

I just sent an email to SOS about all the bad ones and about the bundles being short on the amount there suppose to be. Many of my bundles only had between 80 and 85 pieces When you remove the bad ones from that the bundles came up really short. I will see what they say

Definitely let me know cause I still want to email them about it. I've about used up all the 1000 I got from them. To me that's a huge deal to not even come close to 100 per bundle.

Definitely let me know cause I still want to email them about it. I've about used up all the 1000 I got from them. To me that's a huge deal to not even come close to 100 per bundle.

I just ordered some from wellington To see how there's are I really hope there better. Oh I will let you know what they say. I to agree less than 100 per bundle is not good

I did email SOS and this is the reply they gave me:

I am sorry for any confusion. The stick contents are estimated, as these are hand bundled and hundreds of thousands of bundles are batched at once. We may not have been clear enough on this fact originally, but have since altered the description on the DIY instructions to include this. The pricing of the product reflects this estimation, and does not assume the max number of sticks (100 pieces per bundle). They can vary from 85-100 due to slight differences in the weight of each stick at the time of manufacture.

I got the same message I guess I will look else were :(

I thought the response was kinda strange. Like they knew about it but until people called them out on it they weren't going to change anything. I guess other people either don't care or don't pay attention. Personally if you ordered 10,000, you'd probably only get 9,000 usable or less. To me that's not right. Let us know how the Wellington ones go. I'm curious to see if you actually get 100.

Are you all using charcoal or wood punks?

If it's charcoal, there is a place I have wanted to try, but due to the minimum order have not ordered from there. Their page clearly states that incense is sold by weight and not the number of sticks. The have two sizes, 10 inch which has about 1250 sticks per order (sold as 1000 grams). And, 8.5 inch sticks which has about 1000 sticks per order. I was interested in the shorter ones because they have more charcoal on them, meaning a fatter stick. The minimum is $40 and shipping is pretty expensive. But, even with shipping factored in, the cost per bundle is less than the member price of 1,000 charcoal sticks before shipping at SOS. 6000 sticks would be quite a lot for me. I should call and ask if they provide samples. Here is the place I have bookmarked:

http://www.nematfragrances.com/products/unscented_charcoal_incense_sticks.php?id=C15

There is another place in Florida called Scents of Paradise. She sells a variety of incense, wood, charcoal, punks, cones, in case lots or bundles, minimum of 10 bundles. But, she also has a minimum order of $75 or a small order fee is charged. New customer orders have to be $100. Her shopping cart doesn't estimate shipping so can't compare how the cost compares to SOS, Wellington, BCN, etc. But, the case price is definitely cheaper. Here is the link in case you are interested.

http://www.scentsofparadise.com/best/product/raw.html

Edited by ProudMarineMom

I had originally purchased mine on Ebay. I got nice big fat colored ones, and the plain punks. I loved the sizes of the colored ones but the plain ones were skinny and many I had to throw out. I'm searching some place to find the nice fat ones that are fairly consistent in size, but the skinny ones are worthless. A complete waste if you get them. They don't burn long enough and they can't hold enough fragrance to smell incensey.

Are you all using charcoal or wood punks?

If it's charcoal, there is a place I have wanted to try, but due to the minimum order have not ordered from there. Their page clearly states that incense is sold by weight and not the number of sticks. The have two sizes, 10 inch which has about 1250 sticks per order (sold as 1000 grams). And, 8.5 inch sticks which has about 1000 sticks per order. I was interested in the shorter ones because they have more charcoal on them, meaning a fatter stick. The minimum is $40 and shipping is pretty expensive. But, even with shipping factored in, the cost per bundle is less than the member price of 1,000 charcoal sticks before shipping at SOS. 6000 sticks would be quite a lot for me. I should call and ask if they provide samples. Here is the place I have bookmarked:

http://www.nematfragrances.com/products/unscented_charcoal_incense_sticks.php?id=C15

There is another place in Florida called Scents of Paradise. She sells a variety of incense, wood, charcoal, punks, cones, in case lots or bundles, minimum of 10 bundles. But, she also has a minimum order of $75 or a small order fee is charged. New customer orders have to be $100. Her shopping cart doesn't estimate shipping so can't compare how the cost compares to SOS, Wellington, BCN, etc. But, the case price is definitely cheaper. Here is the link in case you are interested.

http://www.scentsofparadise.com/best/product/raw.html

Thanks for this info. I'm wondering about scents of paradise because they have good prices too and also have extras to order with it, dpg, fo, etc. I'm just wondering how reputable the company is.

What is the difference between charcoal and wood?

I had originally purchased mine on Ebay. I got nice big fat colored ones, and the plain punks. I loved the sizes of the colored ones but the plain ones were skinny and many I had to throw out. I'm searching some place to find the nice fat ones that are fairly consistent in size, but the skinny ones are worthless. A complete waste if you get them. They don't burn long enough and they can't hold enough fragrance to smell incensey.

SOS had a few skinny ones in each pack but I won't order from them again, on top of the fact you have to be a member to get the price or is 25% more.

Well, obviously, one is wrapped using wood powder and the other charcoal. For me, the wood punks give a smokey, woody smell to the fragrance when burning. If you want nice, fat sticks that are pretty consistent, SOS has 6 inch wood punks that are actually very nice.

I prefer charcoal because the fragrance seems more pure when burning. I don't get the woody smell. But, they are messy because of the charcoal powder. I would recommend having disposable gloves when handling the sticks. I grew up with Gonesh so I'm partial to charcoal. But, even their sticks are very thin now. Even thinner than the ones from SOS.

kforbs, I can send you some dipped charcoal incense I made if you would like to try it. They are from SOS. I could toss in some blanks as well.

Edited by ProudMarineMom

Well, obviously, one is wrapped using wood powder and the other charcoal. For me, the wood punks give a smokey, woody smell to the fragrance when burning. If you want nice, fat sticks that are pretty consistent, SOS has 6 inch wood punks that are actually very nice.

I prefer charcoal because the fragrance seems more pure when burning. I don't get the woody smell. But, they are messy because of the charcoal powder. I would recommend having disposable gloves when handling the sticks. I grew up with Gonesh so I'm partial to charcoal. But, even their sticks are very thin now. Even thinner than the ones from SOS.

kforbs, I can send you some dipped charcoal incense I made if you would like to try it. They are from SOS. I could toss in some blanks as well.

ProudMarineMom,

That would be great, I can paypal you money to cover costs/shipping. I would love to see the difference, the wood ones definitely have a smokey fragrance to them.

What would you like to try? I have the following made:

Patchouli - MW

Egyptian Dragon - Southern Soapers, I think

Joop (Men's Type) - SOS (love this in incense)

Alien (Women's Type) - SOS (love this one too)

Dragon's Blood - NG

Black Canyon - Peaks

Patchouli Passion - MW

Edited by ProudMarineMom

What would you like to try? I have the following made:

Patchouli - MW

Egyptian Dragon - Southern Soapers, I think

Joop (Men's Type) - SOS (love this in incense)

Alien (Women's Type) - SOS (love this one too)

Dragon's Blood - NG

Black Canyon - Peaks

Patchouli Passion - MW

Alien would be cool to try, always wondered what that smelled like. Thanks again!