New M & P supplier

firegirl

Hello.. I was just curious if anyone has used mysoapbase.com yet? They are located in Irvine,Ca.. Which does not really matter because shipping is FREE! This is Stephensons soap base & they also sell the foaming bath butter as well.. & yes.. Shipping is free for that as well.. They will be selling re-batch soap in 5 weeks or so. I have only purchased the foaming bath butter so far.. For me on West Coast shipping has always been a killer.. They are also starting to sell coconut oil & others as well.. Free shipping! Please share your results with their M & P bases.. I have always been a die hard SFIC fan but I will give them a try.. Teri

I'm new to melt and pour. Why are glycerin base soaps so drying to the skin. Every thing I read speaks to the contrary!

Glycerine does not dry the skin. On the contrary it draws moisture from the air and helps your skin retain moisture.

So if the base you are using is drying to your skin try another one. Not all bases are created equal. Some are very good quality while some are rather poor.

Also, many people new to using handmade soap including M&P think that the clean feeling they are experiencing is drying their skin. Not so, handmade soap cleans your skin unlike commercial soap which is actually full of detergents and harsh chemicals that leave a film on your skin. If you are using M&P for the first time you have to give yourself time to get used to the 'feel' of clean skin.

Also, try adding goat milk, shea butter, olive oil, etc. to your melted base to add more emolliency to your soap and give it extra gentleness.

Once I started using handmade soap I no longer needed to use body lotions on my skin. A well made soap should moisturize as well as be gentle on your skin. I only use lotions on my face, hands, and feet. I quit buying body lotion years ago. I don't need it because my soaps are so moisturizing.

Edited by Candybee

I've used the Stephenson bases before and they lather really well. Also, their clear base is one of the best on the market.

Thank you for the reply! I will certainly give them a try. I LOVE the foaming bath butter & was hoping that their M & P was good as well. I must admit I am very excited to give their rebatch soap a try!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

M&P here in the humid South is a real pita. I have to use a low-moisture formula and try to stay away from cheap versions that are full of junk. Really good m&p does a good job for hand soap but I don't care for it as a full body soap. Imbeds in cp is my favorite way to use m&p. HTH

Steve

• Like 1

Really good m&p does a good job for hand soap but I don't care for it as a full body soap. Imbeds in cp is my favorite way to use m&p. HTH

Steve

I agree. My skin can't tolerate M&P for an all over body soap, but I use it on my hands, and as embeds in or on top of my CP. Or ever mix the 2 for M&P swirls in my CP soaps. 

There are about gazillions of different ways to use it so that you can appeal to just about anybody in any market. :)