FO testing question?

I have a blend that I have been trying to test since last year. It's a balsam, vanilla, cinnamon blend. All equal parts. I found it here in one of the threads.

I finally decided to use FO that I knew did well on their own and I had tested before. But together I cannot get a strong HT to save my life. I just don't understand it.

I'm using 464 wax as some of you know. I may need to go up in wick size but I don't think so. If there is any advice I would greatly appreciate it. I love this blend and It works great in tarts but not so great in candles.

I use 415...also tested a lot with 464...

there are just some scents that will not give you a good HT..I don't care what you do...but will do well in a warmer...

Your mix, is created with known wick cloggers..vanilla & cinnamon..not always..but I have found that to be the case with me..

I don't know if it is caused by..the fo. clogging the wick..or it simply does not throw with a flame..

I have also learned..that many fruit type scents, that give off a terrible fuel smell, in a wicked candle..will do good in a warmer without the fuel smell..

I finally came to the conclusion..if a tester candle does not give you a good throw...you are more or less wasteing your time...

I tried, probably every wick available..thinking it could be the type of wick..it still would not make a difference..

i finally decided on 415, as my wax of choice...and cd wicks...if it does not do well for me in testing..with my one tester candle..i go on to the next scent.

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

Guest OldGlory

I agree, back off the FO load slightly, by maybe 10% - 15%, and see where you are.

You didn't mention, but I'm assuming you are getting the right melt pool for the burn time, etc.

I agree, back off the FO load slightly, by maybe 10% - 15%, and see where you are.

You didn't mention, but I'm assuming you are getting the right melt pool for the burn time, etc.

Yes I am liking the MP very much. I'm just getting no HT. I am going to test burn it a couple more times before I try less FO. I just any let it go just yet. Lol!

What OldGlory said. Also may explore adding an additive or two to help "develop" and meld the blend. Could be the blend is too heavy-handed with Vanilla. As for those additives... Any fixative solvent such as DPM (Dowanol) or ISO E-Super in trace amounts will help. DPM is especially useful on Cinamon and Vanilla FOs.