I can choose 2 waxes help please!!

mulberrysoap

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Beth,I have seen this combo mentioned before, I like the idea but I wish to avoid soy, I will try it out, it might make me reconsider!

Dear Samantha;

Be just a bit patient. I think the members of the board will get this wickless wax blend worked out pretty soon. I know it must be expensive for you to have wax shipped across the pond. I hate to do a lot of testing, too.

I'm no fan of soy either, but 6006 in my opinion acts more like petro than vegie. It's a good wax (IMO). I currently use it with about a 10% blend of 4794 to stiffen it up a bit for clam shell melts.

I plan to call a major supplier tomorrow who may be able to shed some light on the wax that a lot of chandlers right now seem intersted in. I'll PM you after I call him. I may post on this thread too.

I'll be off the internet shortly; Putting that prime rib roast, I mentioned this morning, in the oven. Yummm!

Your "Beefeater" Pal, David

EDITED; Simultaneous posting with Beth.

Edited by emilyspoppy

Thanks David, I will be more patient and wait to hear from you when you can!! Beth I am defo going to try the 6006 with 4794 and 4786 as well as other waxes! This wax journey is very interesting!

Sam;

I never meant to come off like I was suggesting you were impatient. I'm sure you are not. It's often hard to express one's self with written words only.

Do you don't mind telling us on the board; Who is your primary source for wax, fragrances and containers? Do you buy from a Canadian supplier or IGI direct? Is shipping to the UK cheaper from Canada than the US. Are low Flashpoints and air shipping a posting issue in Britain or Canada? Any unusual problems with customs? I might want to do some shipping to the UK in the near future.

I'm Just curious . . . OK! . . . NOSEY !!! (lol)

The roast is in the oven. Dinner at 7:00 PM. Sorry! No "Yorkshire Pudding" tonight!

"Spotted Dick" is off the menu too, but I plan on having at least one "G&T"!

"Heckfire"! Just PM if you'd rather! Any opinions, comments or advice will be appreciated.

David

Dear Samantha;

Be just a bit patient. I think the members of the board will get this wickless wax blend worked out pretty soon. I know it must be expensive for you to have wax shipped across the pond. I hate to do a lot of testing, too.

I'm no fan of soy either, but 6006 in my opinion acts more like petro than vegie. It's a good wax (IMO). I currently use it with about a 10% blend of 4794 to stiffen it up a bit for clam shell melts.

I plan to call a major supplier tomorrow who may be able to shed some light on the wax that a lot of chandlers right now seem intersted in. I'll PM you after I call him. I may post on this thread too.

I'll be off the internet shortly; Putting that prime rib roast, I mentioned this morning, in the oven. Yummm!

Your "Beefeater" Pal, David

EDITED; Simultaneous posting with Beth.

David, if you can find out which wax TCS wax is, we shall all be eternally grateful to you. As someone else mentioned, I too like to have my eggs in more than one basket, and the idea that Loren is the only one carrying this wax makes me nervous.

If you don't want to post, please send me a PM.

Thank you a million times over for trying to help us! :yay:

Sweat not my darlings! I NEED to know too! I'm sure if my "friend" knows he will tell. If he doesn't know I hope he'll call IGI and find out. I cannot imagine IGI would want to offend him, but they might not care about losing one of us little "peeps". (JMO)

I'm going to encourage him to get involved with this board if he isn't already. His company is always being broght up as a good supplier. I won't, however, "give him away" unless he say's it's OK.

More to follow.

Dave

EDIT; HEY! How about Alan? HELP US ALAN! WE NEED YOU TO GET US SOME GREAT IGI TART WAX. PLEASE!

Edited by emilyspoppy
Begging the "Boss" for help!

Thanks Dave, I understood what you meant :-) I will drop you a pm in the next few days but briefly - I typed this 3 times on ipad and lost it, so logged onto computer to reply in case anyone else wanted to know about the UK and wax.

With the flashpoints, more and more fragrances are being produced over 200 flashpoint which helps greatly, it is still a problem for some fragrances like florals but it is slowly changing.

I purchased 2lb waxes from BCN and Peaks, it costs a lot to ship over for small amounts but large amounts would be much more.

In the UK to purchase IGI, you have to commit to 2 pallets so roughly 5,000LBs at a time and you have minimum orders to meet. It is hard getting the wax but it is possible. We have a few candle suppliers here like 4candles etc and they provide soy and paraffin etc. It is easier in the US because you can purchase cases at a time instead of pallets.

In terms of shipping, we have been hit hard with the USPS rises, instead of around $12 to ship, it is now $23 for a tiny package and the flat rate boxes have gone up in price. If that was not enough, any parcel over $36 dollars worth is hit with a customs charge of a min of $16 handling fee and then the custom duties fee and if you are really unlucky a VAT charge also.

So to ship the amounts I do, it is around $100-150 each time, or less $23.95 for a small padded envelope. So pretty pricey, it costs roughly the same to ship from Canada or the US, our govt doesnt care, its across the pond so charges are expected. It is easy to ship, fill out the form clearly, leave no room for doubt and it will get here, parcel rarely go missing, yes that can be caught in a backlog but they rarely disappear but it can happen.

Check about tariff codes, in the UK if you ship products to the USA, you have to note the tariff codes, I am not sure if you have to do this, in the UK you only have to label it if it is merchandise, if it is a gift, just mark what it is, avoid the words powder!! The sniffer dogs would be all over it and delay it for a few days or more!lol!

If I have left anything out, please let me know because this site has been helpful to me in the past.

Containers are easy to come by in the UK, due to Libbey having distributors in Europe and the UK.

Thank you both, Chanlerwicks and Mulberrysoap.

You have now flushed "Mixed Nuts" from my brain's short-term memory bank.

UNFORTUNATELY . . . For the rest off the night "Muskrat Tracey & Muscrat Sam" played to the tume of the old-time "Captain & Tennille" hit will be looping in my brain over and over and over and .....! ! !

Yes Tracey Dear, I'll post anything I can that's useful to our search.

GOSH SAM! I was going to ask you to join me in some cultural exchange boxes we had discussed, but I had no idea it was so very expensive and complicated.

I've bought a lot of items from England, but not since I was hospitalized several years ago. I thought that most of the time I was being overcharged for shipping by the seller, but now I feel differently.

We Yanks have little to complain about with shipping problems and costs compared to you. I'm not sure I would continue to do this if I were to relocate overseas.

More to follow in our next PM.

Take care. I need to baste my prime rib roast! It's starting to smell better than any candle.

Hey! How about it! "Prime Rib" FO !!!

Hungry David

EDITED TO INCLUDE UNREAD POST; How do you pronounce "SASOL"? I don't want to mess up and have my "friend" think I called him an "A**hole" or "Sass Hole" YIKES! If that happened it would mean no help on our "Quest for Wax."

Edited by emilyspoppy
I'm a total IDIOT!

I was thinking about the miracle wax, it could also come from Sasol, I automatically thought of IGI but it could be a little talked about manufacturer. Maybe. Waiting with bated breath!Lol!

We can get sasol wax here easily :) wouldn't it be good if it was sasol

A roast is far better than any candle, but I bet it smells a bit sickly after a while, Amish Friendship Bread forEVER!!!! Enjoy your roast!!

With the added level of security, times have changed and it is more expensive to ship overseas on both sides, it is possible, but they really milk the system and squeeze every penny they can. Did you know that it is not easy to ship shoes to the US? I didnt but I was told by Royal Mail to stay on the right side of the law you have to declare everything and shoes have an additional layer of paperwork.

Jo, I hope it is Sasol, that would be interesting indeed. I understand the need to maintain your trade secrets, but many businesses come and go, imagine spending months and costs fine tuning a formula and it suddenly disappears, I have seen many great businesses on here have to scramble to redo testing which is really unfair to them and their customers.imo.

A roast is far better than any candle, but I bet it smells a bit sickly after a while, Amish Friendship Bread forEVER!!!! Enjoy your roast!!

With the added level of security, times have changed and it is more expensive to ship overseas on both sides, it is possible, but they really milk the system and squeeze every penny they can. Did you know that it is not easy to ship shoes to the US? I didnt but I was told by Royal Mail to stay on the right side of the law you have to declare everything and shoes have an additional layer of paperwork.

Jo, I hope it is Sasol, that would be interesting indeed. I understand the need to maintain your trade secrets, but many businesses come and go, imagine spending months and costs fine tuning a formula and it suddenly disappears, I have seen many great businesses on here have to scramble to redo testing which is really unfair to them and their customers.imo.

My wife bought and fell in love with a pair of Hotters Shoes when she was in London. She wanted another pair and I went online and contacted them. They told me they would not ship them to the US. I was pi**ed. (Not drunk). Now I understand!

I'm not aware of Sasol Wax. If it's a British or European wax, my guess is not many in the States will be working with it. Does anyone know where the company manufactures the wax?

Dave

Edited by emilyspoppy

I had heard it was made in South Africa, I might be wrong on that.

Yes it is interesting with the shoes, I heard it was because the US Govt, thinks it is strange that anyone would send shoes into the US when you all have so many various shoes already, I dont know if the Postal worker was pulling my leg, but it was strange.

I had heard it was made in South Africa, I might be wrong on that.

Yes it is interesting with the shoes, I heard it was because the US Govt, thinks it is strange that anyone would send shoes into the US when you all have so many various shoes already, I dont know if the Postal worker was pulling my leg, but it was strange.

They don't sell Hotters, though here in the US. My wife claimed they were the best made and most comfortable shoes she has ever worn. She has a small room in our house just for shoes! It's insane! I have 6 pairs and two of those are slippers and another two are sneakers.

I've bought some gold Krugerands from SA, but I'm not giving them back in exchange for wax. YIKES!

Edited; I didn't see that they have domestic production facilities before posting. I'll try and find out more tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Edited by emilyspoppy

Thanks Beth,I have seen this combo mentioned before, I like the idea but I wish to avoid soy, I will try it out, it might make me reconsider!

If you don't order, I can let you know my results after they're made and cured. Probably next week sometime on that one.

Yep, Beth dared me to try it. I'm sure it's no surprise to any of you I had to take the dare. 4794 is on the way!

If you don't order, I can let you know my results after they're made and cured. Probably next week sometime on that one.

Yep, Beth dared me to try it. I'm sure it's no surprise to any of you I had to take the dare. 4794 is on the way!

*getdown*