Fragrance Load for Melts

denetteb

None of the Scentsy melts that I bought were strong, so they must be adding 15% of a very diluted FO to their wax.

I agree. I just checked my spreadsheet and those I said I would buy again (before I learned of independent makers or made my own) were: Baked Apple Pie, Cinnamon Sticky Bun, Honey Pear Cider, Sugar Cookie and Clean Breeze. Out of 15 I tried.

Those I went on to buy from independent makers were MUCH better!

Can you go on Scentsy's site and find a local rep who can sell you one? I only suggest that because not only would it be quicker but you may not know the age of the melt if you get it from ebay (unless you get something from their latest line, I guess). I am able to call a rep near me and I can go that night and look at, select and take home a warmer. Back when I bought their wax I would get to sniff all of them and select the ones I wanted. I have to say that it was easy.

Your wax will be better, but you need to experience that yourself. I am surprised the people who sell will say things like, "people say that Scentsy...". I am not even selling and I know what is out there and did not take someone's word for it but tried it myself! That is also why I have tried 12 waxes. I do not want to go by what people say. I am stubborn and need to see or experience it for myself.

I'm lucky that a local tropical fish/aquarium supply shop is owned by a Scentsy rep, who sells her tarts from a rack next to her cash register. lol It's a good selling point for wholesale accounts that tarts make a great impulse item to set near the register at any kind of shop.

I have 6 different electric warmers and I have smelt scentsy,scentsational, bhg and over 10 different etailers for tarts and scentsy, scentsational, bhg and a few of the etailers were actually really good for scent throw both hot and cold. I aim to produce a tart just as good and sell in the UK. 2 scentsy ones that stand out to me are Luna and White tea and Cactus. I am not going by what I hear or read, I am going by what my home smells like.

Horsescents-that IS a good selling point!

Mulberry-you have done the homework so yours will be better than those you have tried!!

I currently use 9%-10% FO but once I settle on my wax blend I plan to test the 6% a lot of people use and test those against what I make now. I wonder if I will like some scents more if I use less FO. I have to find out!

I really hope so justajesuschick, I must say your posts as well as others like jeanie,horsescents , faithful scenter and ravens have been a blessing and so helpful, just reading your posts about your quest to the perfect melt as well as the wealth of information you have kindly shared about the fo's etc. so many thanks for it all. With regards to my testing, I am working on 4794 and 4786 both straight due to the fact we do not get such a wide array of waxes like you all in the USA and I am limited to going with either wax, I have to buy 1 or 2 pallets at a time once I decide so I have to be 100% sure.

I really hope so justajesuschick, I must say your posts as well as others like jeanie,horsescents , faithful scenter and ravens have been a blessing and so helpful, just reading your posts about your quest to the perfect melt as well as the wealth of information you have kindly shared about the fo's etc. so many thanks for it all. With regards to my testing, I am working on 4794 and 4786 both straight due to the fact we do not get such a wide array of waxes like you all in the USA and I am limited to going with either wax, I have to buy 1 or 2 pallets at a time once I decide so I have to be 100% sure.

I agree! I have learned SO very much here!

I think 4794 and 4786 are really good waxes. Several here use them for melts very successfully. I have tested both and did like them. I think it may have not driven me as mad if I had fewer choices!

With ebay it would be much quicker to buy from a rep instead of ebay unless the auctionis finishing soon or it's a buy now, plus the rep can sell from their stock.

I already ordered one but I'm a little worried. So many are selling them yet say they are not Scentsy distributors, not affiliated in any way. I'm hoping they are past distributors with left over stock and not imitations of the genuine product.

Then I found this in a downloadable image search that I think might be the same shape as Scentsy....maybe.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnq9i5w9MeCeiZFX947EQqN_8xk_Jh2HEHkdOqrYkUeR_dF54BsA

I think it may have not driven me as mad if I had fewer choices!

I'm with you there! So many waxes to try; then taking all those waxes and putting into different combinations is crazy. Just last week I did 13 different combos and still haven't gottent to 4786 (which I have here) or 4794 (don't have here).

I'm not as recently familiar with 4794 but do agree 4786 is a very good wax for HT.

It is close but not quite.

Their clam is a unique shape. One thing I did not like is that the "cubes" were not the same shape and size like a regular clamshell.

They are shaped like this:

http://scentsy.com/scentsy-candle-bar.aspx

You can kind of see that the wax "cubes" are rectangular or oddly shaped to fit their clamshell shape by the girl holding one here:

http://scentsy.com/party-consultant.aspx

I already ordered one but I'm a little worried. So many are selling them yet say they are not Scentsy distributors, not affiliated in any way. I'm hoping they are past distributors with left over stock and not imitations of the genuine product.

It is likely okay. I sold or gave all mine away once I found better melts from independent makers so it could be that or someone's mother-in-law keeps giving them and they do not like them!

I'm with you there! So many waxes to try; then taking all those waxes and putting into different combinations is crazy. Just last week I did 13 different combos and still haven't gotten to 4786 (which I have here) or 4794 (don't have here).

I'm not as recently familiar with 4794 but do agree 4786 is a very good wax for HT.

I like 4786. It sort of reminded me of 4625 and 4630 if they were blended. I also really like 4794. It reminds me a lot of 4625. The melts I made with 4794 and 4627 are really nice. Now, I have used all of those two, do not get me started again!! haha!

I like 4786. It sort of reminded me of 4625 and 4630 if they were blended. I also really like 4794. It reminds me a lot of 4625. The melts I made with 4794 and 4627 are really nice. Now, I have used all of those two, do not get me started again!! haha!

I'll try not to get you started again but think you just got me started. Thankfully, I have 4625/4630 or I'd be adding another blend to the list. Yes, it does sorta remind me of 4786 with good HT yet one with a relatively higher MP than many of the others.

The 4794 does have my wheels turning though. I believe I could not get HT past one day with that wax alone or as a base. Sometimes I find different results when revisiting a wax and spending some time with it. Here we go.......

Then I found this in a downloadable image search that I think might be the same shape as Scentsy....maybe.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnq9i5w9MeCeiZFX947EQqN_8xk_Jh2HEHkdOqrYkUeR_dF54BsA

I have read that with scentsy you are not allowed to sell on ebay if you are a consultant, so maybe the seller has decided to not admit they are a scentsy rep or someone they know is selling their wares.

It would be so cool to have the choice you all have because you can develop your very own custom blend. I can use 1 type of IGI wax and either vybar or UA to improve the formula and then that is it.

Horsescents-that IS a good selling point!

Mulberry-you have done the homework so yours will be better than those you have tried!!

I currently use 9%-10% FO but once I settle on my wax blend I plan to test the 6% a lot of people use and test those against what I make now. I wonder if I will like some scents more if I use less FO. I have to find out!

You might be surprised that a lot of fragrance notes come out at a lower FO load that you didn't know where there. lol

You might be surprised that a lot of fragrance notes come out at a lower FO load that you didn't know where there. lol

TRUE!

Now, to get a wax blend settled (and of course, now that is delayed as a result of my urge to test the popular TCS/4633 blend) and I can start the FO % testing! I should be frightened that it appears that this may never end for me...

TRUE!

Now, to get a wax blend settled (and of course, now that is delayed as a result of my urge to test the popular TCS/4633 blend) and I can start the FO % testing! I should be frightened that it appears that this may never end for me...

Exactly! And how the heck can we really tell what smells better than what when we have no idea how bad our candle nose is on any given day.

Exactly! And how the heck can we really tell what smells better than what when we have no idea how bad our candle nose is on any given day.

It isn't really funny but I can't stop laughing because it's so true!

The way I can tell is if someone comes through a room or in the house and comments on the scent. If no one comments, then I know we have a little problem.

It isn't really funny but I can't stop laughing because it's so true!

The way I can tell is if someone comes through a room or in the house and comments on the scent. If no one comments, then I know we have a little problem.

Well that is pathetic! :laugh2: I do the same thing. As soon as someone walks in, before I even say hello, the first words out of my mouth are, "Can you smell the candle?" We're like colorblind Picassos.

Edited by HorsescentS

I need to try that CS Macintosh! lol

If you're buying CS's "Macintosh Apple", don't overlook getting their "Apple Harvest" too. It rocks. It smells like their "MA" on cinnamon spiced steroids. I like it even better than their "MA" for H/C throw. I renamed "AH", "Amish Apple" for sale in our Amish Farmer's Market shop.

I have not put them in wax yet, but OOB their new FO's; "Orange and Chili Pepper'' , "Cotton Tree" and "Peach Nectar" ring my bell too. They smell like keepers for us. The "OCP" has me excited. It's a unique fragrance for a change. The "PN" will most likely replace our current "Georgia Peach". "CT" looks like a B&B hit in lotion, M&P and perhaps CP for those who do it.

CS just wrapped up their annual sampler (99 cents) sale. Sorry!

Edited by emilyspoppy