Wowzeers the CT!!!

FaithfulScenter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief, can't a girl sleep in on a SATURDAY!!!! You're lucky I checked in before making breakfast ;)

So last night around 11 I put in some Blend 2 Country Bumpkin in the kitchen, it filled up the entire house before we made it to bed. Very strong. I could not smell it this morning. In the kitchen I have one of Candle Warmers Illumination warmers.

In the bathroom I have Sunshine going, which is a clean laundry type blend of my own. It is still smelling this morning. In there I have a tin bulb burner, with a 40 watt bulb, that has seen better days. I'm going to switch it out with a plate style warmer and see how it lasts with that.

I put 1 cube of Blend 1 Bourbon Toasted Pecan in the kitchen burner before coming to the Living Room to check in. I can already smell it, definitely stronger than before, but we will see how long it lasts.

I also lit my candle at 10, I had to move it from the living room to my oldest sons room, because the BTP is seriously taking over the Living room. I have never had that happen before!!

Now, I've got a house full of starving boys, I'm off to make some breakfast. Biscuits and gravy anyone?!

Edited by FaithfulScenter

Jeanie, that is the reason I went with FO's that I knew, and how they worked, threw, and lasted. With the exception of Iced Oatmeal Cookies, I have been using these scents since I started. I can say, I am definitely experiencing a much stronger throw, both cold and hot. Do I think I could have achieved this in straight paraffin without the Vybar? Absolutely not!!

Do I think I could have achieved this in straight paraffin without the Vybar? Absolutely not!!

Good news! TY

By straight paraffin, are you using one that has zero additives? Or are you referring to a paraffin that is just paraffin with no soy.

I was off the forum most of yesterday and feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Only 2 cups of caffeine so far this morning isn't helping either. Off for a 3rd.

We're waiting for a big snow storm today, lets pray the electric doesn't go out, or the testing will stop!!! Jeanie, paraffin wax, no soy, no additives, except for the Vybar that I added myself. I fell in love with paraffin a while back, then for some reason started testing soy again.

Here is the link to the wax I bought.

http://candlecocoon.com/viewitem.asp?Id=30

We're waiting for a big snow storm today, lets pray the electric doesn't go out, or the testing will stop!!! Jeanie, paraffin wax, no soy, no additives, except for the Vybar that I added myself. I fell in love with paraffin a while back, then for some reason started testing soy again.

Here is the link to the wax I bought.

http://candlecocoon.com/viewitem.asp?Id=30

I'd looked at that about a year ago, yet for some reason didn't buy it. Wonder if I was ill? lol

Something tella me Lyschell may have a sudden rise in sales of that wax :)

So as a little control, just to make sure my mind isn't playing tricks on me, I had ds to do a sniff test, Country Bumpkin in Blend 2 and Blend 5, he doesn't know which is which. He said blend 2 was stronger. I then had him close his eyes and do it again, and again, blend 2 was stronger!

JAJC- that is the reason I went with straight paraffin.

Also, yesterday I rewicked my 3022 candle, and poured a candle with the paraffin/Vybar mix, Country bumpkin scent, and a CD20 wick. The flames are 2" inches or better, on BOTH candles, and puffin out black smoke like a freight train. Anyone know why??

ETA: Trimmed the wick to about 1/8" and relit. Burning much better now ;)

That's one of my issues with my 4627 candles. They burn very well if I trim the wick short but if I don't, they do what you said yours did. If I use a smaller wick they drown. QUOTE=FaithfulScenter;997048]Chandler, I didn't trim the wick enough. But it is a wide mouth pint jar with 7% FO. I trimmed the wick down to about 1/8" and it's burning fine now.

4 hours and Bourbon Toasted Pecan had already fizzled out. That was one cube from a clamshell in a candle warmers Illumination warmer, Blend 1. I put in 2 cubes of Iced Oatmeal Cookies, 8% FO, blend 3. Been in for 10 minutes or so and again, already filled the kitchen and living room. We shall see how long this lasts!!!

BTW: Sunshine is still smelling up my bathroom.

I get GREAT HT. I am really chasing longevity. 12 hours is the minimum I expect and I prefer 24. I get that with some but not all. If I search and read much on the topic here I could get bummed as it would appear that most expect, and get, 2-3 days with a 2 ounce melt.

I am right at the point of selecting a wax blend, being happy with what I get and get back to playing with new FO's. That is by far more fun for me!

I am getting a much stronger HT than I was before, I can't ever remember my melts so strongly filling my entire house, but the longevity is an issue. That's why I put 2 cubes in this time, that's about 1 ounce. It smells sooooo good!! DH says I'm starving him to death, although he has done nothing but eat all day. I've already cooked 2 meals, baked some sugar cookies, made Watergate salad, and now he's asking whats for supper....

I'm placing an order with CC, so will have to check out the paraffin and vybar- hope your son's feeling better, and thanks for keeping us posted on the testing! It's fun to see what is working for others and is getting them excited about their projects! enjoy the snow- we're in MN, so we're used to it!

I am getting a much stronger HT than I was before, I can't ever remember my melts so strongly filling my entire house, but the longevity is an issue. That's why I put 2 cubes in this time, that's about 1 ounce..

FS ~ Went back to read your five wax blends. I may have missed something but do you have each scent in each of the five different blends? Like, is Sunshine in 5 different blends and doing the best in blend #2 or do you only have it in blend #2?

It seems that one is doing a good job for you in longevity. So, it makes me wonder if the tart burner is more of a factor than I originally thought.

It does seem to factor in here, possibly. The ones I have that heat by tea light seem to have better HT than the ones that I plug in.

I had begun to wonder if my BH&G electric tart warmers were doing something to the tarts. It seems lately the melts are not lasting as long as they did. I am using up ones that were made some time back, which could also be a factor.

Will be interesting to see how this goes along in your tests. I don't have tart wax here at the moment or would have a notion to fire up the same FO in each of 4 blends twice. One to melt in the BH&G warmer and one in tea light warmers. The two BH&G warmers that I use the most have the light bulb very close to the tray where the melt sits. It could be burning off FO....or not.

Edited by jeanie353

FS ~ Went back to read your five wax blends. I may have missed something but do you have each scent in each of the five different blends? Like, is Sunshine in 5 different blends and doing the best in blend #2 or do you only have it in blend #2?

It seems that one is doing a good job for you in longevity. So, it makes me wonder if the tart burner is more of a factor than I originally thought.

It does seem to factor in here, possibly. The ones I have that heat by tea light seem to have better HT than the ones that I plug in.

I had begun to wonder if my BH&G electric tart warmers were doing something to the tarts. It seems lately the melts are not lasting as long as they did. I am using up ones that were made some time back, which could also be a factor.

Will be interesting to see how this goes along in your tests. I don't have tart wax here at the moment or would have a notion to fire up the same FO in each of 4 blends twice. One to melt in the BH&G warmer and one in tea light warmers. The two BH&G warmers that I use the most have the light bulb very close to the tray where the melt sits. It could be burning off FO....or not.

I test how you describe. That is why it is taking forever to test. I have the same 8-10 FO's in 3-4 wax blends. I am testing one against each other over and over!

I can tell you for certain that my CandleWarmers brand plate warmers get WAAAAAY hotter than my Scentsy warmers. I like that the CW brand gives me instant scent but the melts are done 8-12 hours in. The melts that go in my Scentsy warmers do not give me as instant HT but they won n longevity. So, I also test like warmer to like warmer. Are you getting the picture of why this may take me a long time to complete my testing??

They are all nicely labeled and more than fill 2 bins. I am about to rotate out melts for the evening.

se2653- he is feeling much better, thank you for asking! He, like his Daddy and brothers has eaten me out of house and home today lol

I don't have each scent in each blend, but I do have each scent in at least 2 blends. It seems that I get a longer throw with the bulb type burners than I do the plate style and the illumination warmers from Candle Warmers.

Also, Sunshine is a very fresh clean floral/laundry scent, which usually lasts longer than bakery scents anyway. Once it stops throwing, I will put a bakery scent in that warmer and Sunshine in a hotter warmer and see what the results are.

Both blends are still going strong, I put one oz of blend 3 IOC in the kitchen at 2, my hubby and I just came in from getting dinner, and it is still just as strong as when I first start. Too strong. I only tested 1/2 oz of the other scents, so when this stops throwing I'll be adding 1 oz of one of the previously tested scents to see if I get better results.

I hope I'm not confusing everyone!!

I'll shoot for next fall to sell. This has been 3 times now where I was almost ready to go and something changed my mind.

Yep, your test so far and reply has me convinced I have to revisit the tart thing at a different angle.

Am going to take probably 3 FOs that I know have really strong HT and toss into 4 different tart blends. I'll make each of those twice. One will go in the BH&G warmer and one in the tea light warmer. It seems, from what I've read, that people are using the electric warmers these days more than tea light so am going to try to gear my decision on which variable does the best in the electric warmer. Just have a feeling I'm going to get different results from the same blend/same FO in tea light type vs electric.