Wowzeers the CT!!!

FaithfulScenter

I poured several different combo's today, all paraffin, and all but one containing Vybar. My first time playing with additives. I don't know if it is where I haven't poured in a while or what, but man, the cold throw is amazing!!! You open the clamshell and it knocks you down!! I'm trying so hard to wait until tomorrow to start testing, it's gonna take forever to test out all these combos....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blend 1) Straight paraffin votive wax with 1/2 tsp vybar per pound. Blend 2) 60% straight paraffin with 40% 4625 and 1/2 tsp Vybar pp. Blend 3) 60% Straight Paraffin container wax with 40% 4625 and 1/2 ts pp Vybar. Blend 4) 4625 with 1/4 tsp Vybar pp. Blend 5) Straight 4625.

I also made a Country Bumpkin candle with the straight paraffin container wax with 1/2 tsp Vybar pp. I will do my first burn in the morning.

I have noticed that Blend 2 seems to have better CT, and blend 1 will not release from the clamshell very easily.

Also, I just couldn't take it anymore. I had to throw some melts in this evening. I usually do an overnight test, so this time I started with it! I have Blend 2-Country Bumpkin in the kitchen, it's been in for an hour, and I can smell it strongly in the living room. I also put some Blend 2-Sunshine in the bathroom, but I haven't been back to check it.

I'll update again in the morning, I'm off to bed!!!

NO kidding!!

Now I have to figure out if I have waxes (of course I do! haha!) that match up to what little missie is testing here so that I can at least test these variables through her. Really my 385,083 combinations are enough for me to manage..haha! I just got out what I will be testing today. Boring.

Now I am puzzled. I use IGI waxes and I went out to their website and it discusses additives to the wax. I actually read spec sheets and cannot discern what additives.

eta:It also seems clear that I would not add it if I go with one of the parasoy blends I have been making and testing. Hmm...

Edited by justajesuschick