Why choose Soy?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chocolate/candy turtles are yummy! Aquatic turtles, hmmm, probably not. :-p We have a turtle, actually. His name is Franklin. :-)

ETA: The aquatic turtle is named Franklin. Not the edible kind. I don't name my food, especially treats, because then I'll feel bad eating it. :tongue2:

Edited by Jillsthings

Soy is a beautiful thing and works perfectly for me

Trying and adding paraffin eventually to satisfy the PREFERENCE of all people!

Keep telling yourself all your facts over and over- maybe flash cards would be helpful so you can feel good about yourself and your choice

I do feel good about my choice, and I also feel good about soy candle makers who choose to use soy because they like it better, as long as they don't lie to the customers and misrepresent their product like you do.

You're not going to be able to "satisfy the PREFERENCE of all people" by adding paraffin to your soy. lol

The only reason to use any kind of wax is because YOU like it, then you don't have to lie to your customers because IF they like your candles better, they will buy them without having to drink your Kool-aid.

The first definition of the word "Rustic" is: "1. Of, relating to, or typical of country life or country people. See synonyms at rural." http://www.thefreedictionary.com/rustic

So paraffin definitely fits the definition of "rustic" since paraffin has been in common use on farms since the 1800s, along with other petroleum products such as kerosene, mineral oil, petroleum jelly, grease, oil, and gas. Farm families used paraffin for canning, wrapping cheese, making chocolates, making candles, waxing sled runners and skis, treating chapped skin, and other uses. So, it's ridiculous to say that soy is more rustic than paraffin since soy wax wasn't even invented until 1991.

Edited by HorsescentS

Here we go again....

Here is a thought...you have no business on this thread- The question is WHY CHOSE SOY.... hmmmmm horsescents why did YOU chose soy..... oh wait you didnt- you just like to jump people that do! You also like to name call and ask certain people if they are disguising themselves as others....you like to tell people they need doctors and drugs..........you are the complete epitome of everything you claim to of disliked on this forum

I do not have to justify my choices to you nor you to me- and for the record I do NOT misrepresent anything- your crap with defintions is pretty hilarious- things can be made to "look" and give "feel of" rustic horsescents- doesnt mean you have to follow the rule book on achieving it- and please show me where I said soy is MORE rustic than paraffin....and please show me where I said soy and horses are one in the same...and actually I WILL satisify the candle preference of all people...If I make and offer it all:wink2:

Here we go again....

Here is a thought...you have no business on this thread- The question is WHY CHOSE SOY.... hmmmmm horsescents why did YOU chose soy..... oh wait you didnt- you just like to jump people that do! You also like to name call and ask certain people if they are disguising themselves as others....you like to tell people they need doctors and drugs..........you are the complete epitome of everything you claim to of disliked on this forum

I do not have to justify my choices to you nor you to me- and for the record I do NOT misrepresent anything- your crap with defintions is pretty hilarious- things can be made to "look" and give "feel of" rustic horsescents- doesnt mean you have to follow the rule book on achieving it- and please show me where I said soy is MORE rustic than paraffin....and please show me where I said soy and horses are one in the same...and actually I WILL satisify the candle preference of all people...If I make and offer it all:wink2:

Stella, is that you again??? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

The question on this thread was not "Why did YOU choose soy?" it's "Why choose soy?" in general. In other words, why should a customer choose to buy a soy candle instead of a paraffin candle. And BOTH soy and paraffin chandlers are commenting on this thread, so I can comment on it too.

Here's a copy of the OP: "I get this question all the rime at my craft shows. Peoplle come to my booth and say, "What makes your candles or What makes soy better than other candles?" I try to answer the best way I can without pertepuating the lies and myths that soy is better or cleaner than parrifin.

"I am really stumped as to how to go about answering this question but at the same time answer the question truthfully and represent what my company is about and why I chose soy.

"Is there anyone that can give some insite into how to answer this question without putting other waxes down?"

Edited by HorsescentS

And YES soybeans are more fitting in the "horse/agriculture" areas- its FARM related and what I was looking for in a candle and I don't give a crap what was first used in candle making- I have soy farms everywhere around me and THAT is why I CHOSE soy

And to answer your question: The quote above is where you said that soy is "more fitting in the 'horse/agriculture' areas."

Paraffin is just as fitting in horse/agriculture areas as soy wax, and paraffin is farm related, since the three main industries that use paraffin are medical, agricultural, and cosmetic. Google it.

Edited by HorsescentS

LMAO- again... you need to slow down and read everything I said

Soy farms- agriculture - equestrian community- rustic - it all goes hand in hand where I live honey

And here's yet another comment in which you were equating soy wax with horses.

Edited by HorsescentS

OMG - you are soooo funny I bet you crack yourself right up!!

OK... Why Chose Soy.... again if you dont make soy or you did NOT chose soy for your candles - you cannot answer that question- you cannot answer what makes soy candles better than other candles if you DONT make soy- which by the way ...you DONT... in case you forgot- again

OP was NOT asking in general WHY a customer should choose to buy one over the other- he was saying his customers ask WHAT makes HIS candles or SOY candles better than others- something you have admitted to knowing nothing about.... now if it was parasoy or paraffin yes I could see you trying to answer it- but you just love to constantly stick your nose in soy makers threads with your cry baby ramble that soy people ruin it for paraffin people- we give paraffin a bad name- wah wah wah - we claim we are greener and cleaner- wah wah wah- your hallucinatations and obsessions are really getting quite boring- nobody gives a crap about that crap but you

we can keep going horsescents- I do have better things to do but I wont put up with your crap

Edited by moonshine

I think your dyslexic in what your reading.... soy- farms- horses are more fitting in choosing to work with soy wax- it does not MAKE farms horses and soy one in the same- you dont see paraffin fields growing in horse areas! But I will give you an A for effort of trying!

So, it's ridiculous to say that soy is more rustic than paraffin since soy wax wasn't even invented until 1991.

Last edited by HorsescentS; Today at 02:17 PM.

Or are you the new google queen now???

again show me where I said soy is MORE rustic than paraffin.... I am waiting...

and maybe parafiin is fitting to the same... to YOU- But I DONT make paraffin so I am talking about ME and SOY and what it means to ME

I think your dyslexic in what your reading.... soy- farms- horses are more fitting in choosing to work with soy wax- it does not MAKE farms horses and soy one in the same- you dont see paraffin fields growing in horse areas! But I will give you an A for effort of trying!

Today's farms can't even grow enough soy to make soy wax without using tons of gas and oil. Agriculture is one of the top three industries that use petroleum oils/liquid paraffin, and they've been using it for all kinds of sprays for the crops and soils since the 1800s. So, petroleum products are "rustic," which means pertaining to farming.

Today's farms can't even grow enough soy to make soy wax without using tons of gas and oil. Agriculture is one of the top three industries that use petroleum oils/liquid paraffin, and they've been using it for all kinds of sprays for the crops and soils since the 1800s. So, petroleum products are "rustic," which means pertaining to farming.

I obviously can't say this huge spill to a customer.

I think we can all agree to disagree. I'm in one part of the country. You are in another. Let's just do what we do and try to get along. There are so many other things to talk about other than this point you keep bringing up and it's not really what I was talking about in my OP. thank you to everyone for the help. I really do feel I have the correct message I want my business to portray. :-)

OMG - you are soooo funny I bet you crack yourself right up!!

OK... Why Chose Soy.... again if you dont make soy or you did NOT chose soy for your candles - you cannot answer that question- you cannot answer what makes soy candles better than other candles if you DONT make soy- which by the way ...you DONT... in case you forgot- again

OP was NOT asking in general WHY a customer should choose to buy one over the other- he was saying his customers ask WHAT makes HIS candles or SOY candles better than others- something you have admitted to knowing nothing about.... now if it was parasoy or paraffin yes I could see you trying to answer it- but you just love to constantly stick your nose in soy makers threads with your cry baby ramble that soy people ruin it for paraffin people- we give paraffin a bad name- wah wah wah - we claim we are greener and cleaner- wah wah wah- your hallucinatations and obsessions are really getting quite boring- nobody gives a crap about that crap but you

we can keep going horsescents- I do have better things to do but I wont put up with your crap

The only reason why I "cannot answer what makes soy candles better than other candles" is that soy candles are NOT better than other candles! So nobody can say that soy candles are better without lying to the customers.

I've burned enough candles, and done enough research about soy wax, to have an informed opinion about soy candles, so unlike you I did not fall for the hype.

It's obvious you need to work on your reading comprehension because you didn't understand the OP's question, so here it is again:

"I get this question all the rime at my craft shows. Peoplle come to my booth and say, 'What makes your candles or What makes soy better than other candles?' I try to answer the best way I can without pertepuating the lies and myths that soy is better or cleaner than parrifin.

"I am really stumped as to how to go about answering this question but at the same time answer the question truthfully and represent what my company is about and why I chose soy.

"Is there anyone that can give some insite into how to answer this question without putting other waxes down?"

I can see why he's having a hard time answering the second question above, "What makes soy better than other candles?" because soy simply is NOT better than other candles, period.

Now, as to his first question, "What makes your candles" better than other candles, that's not about soy, that's about how his candles burn, smell, look, and perform compared to other candles. So, if his candles throw a stronger scent, or he's got a better line of fragrances, or his candles look prettier, burn cleaner, etc, he can say that. But that's not about soy.