Kimberly's Whipped Shea Recipe

wildangel112

I know how lost I was without the boards and their wealth of info, so thought I'd dig up what I could find right off hand and try to help build it back up. Hope you don't mind, but found a few recipes I thought I'd add that were my personal faves from the boards. :)

Kimberly's Whipped Shea Recipe

12 oz. Shea Butter

2 oz. Mango Butter

2 oz. Hempseed Butter

5 oz. oil

2 tsp. cornstarch

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the right recipe. The only variances Kim stated was that you could use a full pound of shea and eliminate the other butters. Plus the cornstarch was interchangeable with Dry Flo. Add FO to your preference.

She uses Refined Shea, but you could use Unrefined if thats your preference.

Just melt your butters and cool, add the oils and whip like crazy. Then you add the Cornstarch/Dry Flo and whip until the light and fluffy. This recipe comes out even better if you use a Heavy Duty Stand Mixer and whip the sh*t out of it!

See I'm having another alzheimers moment. :P I guess it looked different to me because Kim added the instructions with it and without the instructions, the recipe looked bare or like something was missing. Yes, I can say, "DUH!" LOL

You could add jojoba oil to it too. One of my favorite light oils is sweet almond oil. You'll find it also in alot of massage oils.

See I'm having another alzheimers moment. :P I guess it looked different to me because Kim added the instructions with it and without the instructions, the recipe looked bare or like something was missing. Yes, I can say, "DUH!" LOL

You could add jojoba oil to it too. One of my favorite light oils is sweet almond oil. You'll find it also in alot of massage oils.

Your not having a moment! :D

There was no FO listed or a preservative. Of course thats optional.

I've never used Hemp Seed butter...but I assume it gives the finished product a green color...right? I thought Hemp Seed butter was pretty green. I bet this feels great.

Yes Hemp Butter is green...but it does not affect the color of the finished product. You use such a small amount in it...mainly because that stuff is expensive!...lol

• 7 months later...

Hello Kimberly,

I know this discussion is oooold, but I would love to ask you a question about your recipe. I'm verrrry new to making shea body butter (having messed up one small batch already! LOL!) and I see from the other posts that 16 oz. of shea butter can be substituted for the other butters, but I was wondering, is this 16 oz. *after* it's been melted in the microwave of 16 oz. *before* it's melted.

Thanks bunches for your help!

Kimberly,

I have never seen hemp butter. But I do have Kokum. Do you have any idea if the texture is close to hemp.

Chris

Oh I forgot to add...I tried this recipe with Shea and Kokum....WAAAAY too greasy! I would not reccomend Kokum...but hey thats just me.

• 2 months later...