444 vs. 464

I am very, very new to this but from what I gather on here, more people who post are using the 464. I bought the 444 because of the higher melt point. I live in New Orleans and it gets really hot.

So far I have been testing the 444 and recently decided to try the 464 to compare. From my limited experience, I like the way the 444 pours and cools much better than the 464.

I have not had any wet spots in any of the 30 or so candles I have pored with the 444. I poured about 6 with the 464 and they all had wet spots.

All of the tests were conducted the same- same amounts of wax and FO, heated to same temp, added fo at same temp, cooled to same temp and poured into heated (170 degree) jars, then all cooled in same room on wire rack.

The 444 also had perfect tops when I added coconut oil whereas 464 had a crater around the wicks.

I have only just begun HT testing and can't tell a difference between the two but I think I have a bad case of CSS.

The next phase of testing will be comparing for HT between the 444 and 464 using various wicks.

Edited by mrsadler05
Forgot to delete a repetitve sentence.