remelting and repouring candles

Hi everyone

I searched and still couldnt find much on this subject. I have some candles that I would like to remelt and rewick. What is the best way? I was thinking oven? Do you have to let them cure again? If you melted them at a very low temp would they lose thier throw?

I have a number of candles that have been curing for 1-2 months that have great throw but when I first strted I got in a hurry with wicks and did not wick them right, Iv tested now and know which wicks work with these and wanted to reuse them. I dont like just sticking a new wick through the whole becuase I dont feel its as safe as an wick thats been stuck to the bottom and I will be sharing these with family and want them safe.TIA

When I re-melt a candle, I set it in a pan with a few inches of water and heat it that way - don't boil though. I'm not sure I would do it in the oven. Sounds like a catastrophe in the making! :)

Besides, the scent may stick to the walls of your oven and make your food taste weird?? :undecided

I remember when I first started in my kitchen, everything tasted like fragrance oils! I remember sending my daughter to school one day with a Patchouli Raspberry sandwich! :D She wasn't too happy with that.

I remelt mine all the time in the oven. At the lowest setting, 150, it melts at a low enough temp not to destroy the FO (altho I usually add a tad more). I have baked in the oven and not have fragrance in my food. Altho I usually don't bake right way.:D

I also remelt mine in the oven. I heat mine to about 160 degrees and put them on aluminum foil on a cookie sheet, and they do fine. Never had a problem with baking food in the oven afterwards. I don't add any extra FO to them either, and they seem to be just as strong.