TENNESSEE CANDLE SUPPly

I was wondering has anyone used there celestail soy wax? I ma using soy 135 right now and am having good luck with it or so it seem as I am new at this it doesnt say anyhthing about any #'s on it.. I am trying to find a good wholesale that shipping isnt going to breake me up I jsut spent 200.00 and paid 50 in shipping alone.I want a good product but rather not have to pay out the wazoo for shipping.. or has anyone use bluegrass candle suppy and if so what did u try and how was the pricing and shipping cost...?I need to place and order today since I am almost out of scents..thanks angie

Where do you live (about)? You don't have to be real specific, but knowing that would help folks around here make suggestions that might be better.

Candllescience.com has pretty good shipping rates and some pretty good scents. They also have a soy rating on each of their fragrance oils.

http://www.candlescience.com/fragrance/

Where do you live (about)? You don't have to be real specific, but knowing that would help folks around here make suggestions that might be better.

Candllescience.com has pretty good shipping rates and some pretty good scents. They also have a soy rating on each of their fragrance oils.

http://www.candlescience.com/fragrance/

I live in eastern KY NEAR PIKEVILLE KY I am checking out candle science now ... well actually im looking at candle source I will go check them out tho thanks

You're welcome. These folks have some good scents (=tested in soy) and good shipping rates as well as good prices on soy. I think they are in western Ky.

http://www.soycandle.com/index.php

Some good scents here, too.

http://www.candlesupplys.us/

This one may also have some supplies for you.

http://www.kycandlewaxsupply.com/

Call them and compare prices and shipping prices. You are actually living in a pretty good area...:D

You're welcome. These folks have some good scents (=tested in soy) and good shipping rates as well as good prices on soy. I think they are in western Ky.

http://www.soycandle.com/index.php

Some good scents here, too.

http://www.candlesupplys.us/

This one may also have some supplies for you.

http://www.kycandlewaxsupply.com/

Call them and compare prices and shipping prices. You are actually living in a pretty good area...:D

Thanks I will check them out right now .. I checked out tennessee candle and they are pretty reasonable and also the candle source...any tips on wicks? I have read on alot of them but there is so much and so many differnt opions/....ok thanks a lot...

Yes TCS is a really good supplier with good prices and great customer service. You may want to check out their 16 ounce apothecary jars as well.

http://www.tennesseecandlesupplies.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9&zenid=76d16290a772c9530ba506ea7074e922

All I can really suggest on wicks is to get some sample packs and see what works best for you. Some known favorites (sure there are others) are CD's, Eco's, and Cottons. Peaks has sample packs and their shipping rates are really reasonable also. CandleScience has some sample packs also, but I don't think they have the CD's or Cottons.

http://www.peakcandle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PCMS&Category_Code=WICKS

Anyway, hope this helps, have fun!..:)

One more question.... Where I order my soy from celluminations will it affect my product by order the rest of my stuff from another dealer,,, maybe a crazy ?.. but was wondering.. There is so much to no I would have never thought that. Im am getting ready for have my first grandbaby in a few weeks and am trying to open my business by dec 1st, so thats why im trying to find out all this stuff.. any top selling fo that you all like best?...ok thanks hope you all have a blessed day!Angie..

December 1st of what year? Are you becoming a supplier? Or are you ordering supplies November 28 and hoping to pour candles to sell by December 1 of this year? If so, keep 9-1-1 on speed dial.

You can order supplies from whomever you wish. Ordering from one supplier is not going to interfere with supplies you order from someone else any more than buying from Sears would affect a purchase you made at JCPenny. Thankfully, this is America. santa chee

Anglie, hi sorry I haven't gotten back but saw this thread and thought this would answer what you needed. I also agree that the suppliers listed are all great and since I don't think I have used CB 135 I couldn't say if any would be the same. But I would change to a cheaper/closer supplier and go from there. FO from KY, BG and Tenn are all great and Tenn and KY have fast service. So good luck with your store and continue to read everything you can on the art of candle making. As far as wicks go I don't use the jar you talked about and since it all depends on the diameter I wouldn't know but I prefer CD wicks for my container soy and LX for votives. HTH

December 1st of what year? Are you becoming a supplier? Or are you ordering supplies November 28 and hoping to pour candles to sell by December 1 of this year? If so, keep 9-1-1 on speed dial.

You can order supplies from whomever you wish. Ordering from one supplier is not going to interfere with supplies you order from someone else any more than buying from Sears would affect a purchase you made at JCPenny. Thankfully, this is America. santa chee

Sliverofwax Dec of this year!!! no im not becomming a suppiler I am opening up a store a home decor store and a candle shop. and yes I am ordering suppy today,, and yes I am hoping to pour candle now like yesterday lol.. and 911 is on my speed dial! lolthe reason I asked the ? was I have heard some say that certain wax wont work with some scent and some wick dont work with some thing so I was wondering if I order scents from another company if it would work with the waxes I already had like say I am using the cb 135 soy and I wanted to order some new fo from another company with better cheaper shipping rate since I paid 50 bucks for shipping if it would interfer with the candle. also like some waxes are for votive while others are for contianer... I no it was probble a dump ? but im new so... i can ask dumb ?... Ive read and read but by the time yoou read everything its all differnt..

Anglie, hi sorry I haven't gotten back but saw this thread and thought this would answer what you needed. I also agree that the suppliers listed are all great and since I don't think I have used CB 135 I couldn't say if any would be the same. But I would change to a cheaper/closer supplier and go from there. FO from KY, BG and Tenn are all great and Tenn and KY have fast service. So good luck with your store and continue to read everything you can on the art of candle making. As far as wicks go I don't use the jar you talked about and since it all depends on the diameter I wouldn't know but I prefer CD wicks for my container soy and LX for votives. HTH

That is quite alright didnt want to bother you. I went and compared pricing and all and I placed and order with tenn after I placed the order the man still couldnt give me a shipping rate so I told him to find out then call me back. I order the celestial soy have you or anyone tryed it? I also order the tart molds to try and make some of them which I havent done yet either.also where does everyone order there label "names of there store" to put on there candle from? or your bags with your store name on it?ok thanks for being patiance with me...have a great one...

Sliverofwax Dec of this year!!! no im not becomming a suppiler I am opening up a store a home decor store and a candle shop. and yes I am ordering suppy today,, and yes I am hoping to pour candle now like yesterday lol..

Holy toledo...back up the bus here!!! You are planning to open a candle shop in december and you have yet to order supplies LET ALONE LEARN HOW TO POUR A SAFE CANDLE and you are going to be whipping these bad boys up and selling them in this store you are opening in a matter of a couple of days? Maybe I am reading this all wrong...I think I need to go to bed now! I'll check this one out in the morning when I'm not so tired..something just ain't right with this picture!:confused: :lipsrseal :Werd: santa eek

Holy toledo...back up the bus here!!! You are planning to open a candle shop in december and you have yet to order supplies LET ALONE LEARN HOW TO POUR A SAFE CANDLE and you are going to be whipping these bad boys up and selling them in this store you are opening in a matter of a couple of days? Maybe I am reading this all wrong...I think I need to go to bed now! I'll check this one out in the morning when I'm not so tired..something just ain't right with this picture!:confused: :lipsrseal :Werd: santa eek

She's right. If you haven't even tested and perfected your candle product, you should not be thinking of selling them at this point.

Sliverofwax Dec of this year!!! no im not becomming a suppiler I am opening up a store a home decor store and a candle shop. and yes I am ordering suppy today,, and yes I am hoping to pour candle now like yesterday lol.. and 911 is on my speed dial! lolthe reason I asked the ? was I have heard some say that certain wax wont work with some scent and some wick dont work with some thing so I was wondering if I order scents from another company if it would work with the waxes I already had like say I am using the cb 135 soy and I wanted to order some new fo from another company with better cheaper shipping rate since I paid 50 bucks for shipping if it would interfer with the candle. also like some waxes are for votive while others are for contianer... I no it was probble a dump ? but im new so... i can ask dumb ?... Ive read and read but by the time yoou read everything its all differnt..

This stuff is what gives us a bad name. Sellers opening shops before they even poured a candle. Seriously ridiculous.

Makes people go right back to Yankme.

I have ordered supplies I was wanting to order more! the place I ordered them from shipping rate was outrageous so I was trying to find a place closer with cheaper shipping charges. I also had asked about trying differnt waxes since I no there all differnt I was trying to compare them to see which kind is close to what I have already got. My store is more home decor primitive art rustic home decor, but am also going to be /am making candles but my main thing is the home decor. I have made candle have been for a bit and have been testing them and have other people testing them as well for me. Plus im ordering candles already made form other company as well to sale. !:confused: :lipsrseal :Werd: santa eek

This stuff is what gives us a bad name. Sellers opening shops before they even poured a candle. Seriously ridiculous.

Makes people go right back to Yankme.

I dont no you dont live near you that I no of , so I have nothing to do with you other then I asked a question. I thought this was a place where you can come and ask questions not get down or made fun of because you ask a ?.As I said before I have poured some candle and I HAVE BEEN TESTING THEM and have helped other people . All I wanted was a place to order my supplys from , I have tons of product that ive order from other company premade candles to sell and home decor . I am not use to sitting around I have been in the medical field since I was 18 my kids are grown so my husband and myself decide for me to quit and do what I wanted to do for a change. so I wanted to have my own candle suppys in so I can work on them while in my store so I dont get bored and I can be doing something . You should no the fact before you call me a ridiculous person. I have probably saved more lives then you have ever made candles. so you should no people before you go to saying thing about them. So if you have a bad name its of your own doing not mine. BTW I thought sliverofwax was joking so I was joking back.HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

You can read the other post and find out what is going on...

I've read through all of your posts and in my opinion, you have not been making candles nearly long enough to be thinking about selling them. Do you have a tested, high quality, consistent product? Have you tested in various seasons (summer, winter, etc) so that you know how the heat and humidity will affect your candles, as well as the cold temps? Do you have a business license and general liability insurance?

I personally think you are working too fast here. If you want to make candles as a hobby while you are opening up your business, that's one thing. But if you are going to start selling candles without thouroughly testing, that's another. And no, you can't thouroughly test a line of candles in two weeks. We aren't trying to come down on you here, but we've seen lots of people try to make a quick buck selling homemade candles. They aren't good quality and it gives us good chandlers a bad reputation. Slow down, have fun and the rest will fall into place later. :)

I have probably saved more lives then you have ever made candles.

Let's just hope you don't start killing more lives than you've saved by selling poorly made candles. Your posts are difficult to decipher. I'm not sure if this forum has a spellcheck. :D

You hit the nail on the head- we're all guilty of typos but geezus this thread gave me a headache.:undecided