Universal Soy Additive

I'm seeing a HUGE variety of these things, called a bunch of different things.

Enchanted Lites calls it "Modifier/All Vegetable" and sells it for around $1.50 per pound.

SoyCandle.com calls it "Soy Lite-Universal Soy Additive" and sells it for a bit over $2 per pound.

The CandleMakers Store calls it "Universal Soy Additive" and sells it for around $3 per pound.

I would normally "assume" it's all the same, however, they have different descriptions, some of them not even MENTIONING that adding it will help increase max FO load, but rather, only mentioning that it hardens the wax, and smooths out tops. Some say that up to 15% can be used, and SoyCandle.com says to use between 1 and 3%.

I'm confused (clearly not hard to do). Anyone know if all these are the same? There is also a HUGE different in pricing, with Enchanted Lites being BY FAR the cheapest.

Candlewitch, it seems you have smarty remark each time I post a question and, you were called on it in another thread by someone other than me.

Top, do you think they all increase retention of FO, even if it doesn't specifically state that it does?

They all modify the crystal structure of the wax so that it looks less ugly. I take it increased FO retention is a side effect of the smaller crystals. The polymer hardeners that are added to paraffin are also crystal modifiers and all increase FO retention. The "vybar for soy" analogy seems pretty apt.