Bath Bomb recipe without Cornstarch?

CareBear

Anyone have a bath bomb recipe that doesn't call for cornstarch? I am absolutely in love with Lush bombs, and none of theirs have any. Also, the bombs I made so far are not particularly fizzy, and leave a white reside in the bottom of my tub so I 'm hoping I can make do without it.

Recipes anyone? Suggestions?

Thanks so much :cool2:

It doesn't really need to be in there, you can just omit it. I put it in my bathbombs because it makes the water silky.

If you are getting residue, it sounds like you are either using too much CS or not enough CA.

I agree with spatreats about the sifting - that definitely helps.

I dont use corn startch in my bomb & i dont have a residue....that may be from CS...since its a thickener. Do you also make sure your ingredients are mixed well & sifted??? I sift all my ingredients.

If you don't use cornstarch, what proportions of citric and baking soda do you use? (Seems most of what I see is 2 parts citric to 1 part BS) And epsom salts?

Thanks

So that is the secret..sifting..OK

I use it in mine but dont get to much film..I don't like to use that much though. More BS and CA.

I have a big ? though...

Mine dont tend to 'smell' very much. How much FO do you all put in say a 3 cup batch?

So that is the secret..sifting..OK

I use it in mine but dont get to much film..I don't like to use that much though. More BS and CA.

I have a big ? though...

Mine dont tend to 'smell' very much. How much FO do you all put in say a 3 cup batch?

i dont measure anymore...I do it all by sight, feel & smell I just make sure they are smelly before i mold ...i know not much help but i dont think you can go wrong w/ bombs...

Still working things out. I put 20 drops (1 ml) of Moroccan Mint Tea (FNWL) in 3 cups and it was like "wow". Maybe too strong but I haven't used them yet. We shall see.

Someone posted that they add the oils to finished balls when she has an order to fill - I think that idea sounds interesting.

The amount of fo used is in proportion to the size of your batch. I wouldn't add 1 1/2 tablespoons of scent to say an 8 ounce batch of bombs. If you choose to consistently make bath bombs, you'll come up with a recipe that you will know like the back of your hand and know how to adjust the fo accordingly.

By the way, I CANNOT WAIT to climb into the bath with one of your bombs myself. You included a bunch with the FOs I got from you. I unpacked them, and the next thing I know my 4 year old daughter is standing next to me totally naked BEGGING for a bath! I need to use one before they are all gone!

Oh, I think I over-did it with my 1ml FO/3 cups. I set them out in my kitchen to dry and couldn't stand the smell, so I stuck them into the cold oven which now smells too. Finally they ended up in the basement. I'm only keeping them around to see how they perform in water.