Tart warmers at the dollar store!!!!

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

I was so stunned when I went to the dollar tree today and saw tart warmers!! I'd seen different ones there, like the wire ones and such, but the ceramic ones that you all may buy wholesale for about 3-4 bucks per, where 1 dollar! I got like 7 in while. They had green and a off white mixed with a light orange color. I wish I had more money on me. SO PLEASE, if you have a dollar tree, stake them out and get your tart warmers!

They've had them for a while ;) There's been alot of discussion on these, assuming they're the same ones. Might do some reading before you stock up too much. Personally, I'm not comfortable with them, but them I am a worry wart! :D

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Discussions;action=display;num=1119663884;start=10#10

Well I have to drive 25 miles but I guess for that price it is worth it.I have priced tart warmers for almost $5.00 on-line and there isn;t much to them.Did finally find candle warmers at my Wal Mart and the store has been there since March.Well they are $4.92.Also they are in the lamp section.How did they get there?????Not in crafts, candle section etc.Maybe will look around as they may be all over the store.

Still waiting for Michaels to put candle warmers on sale. I hope won't be long. They had some candle warmers advertised this week but I don't think what I got last winter.Anyway not that special price of 3 for $9.99.

Just a thought, make sure that the tart warmer has a glaze on the underside of the bowl. Unglazed ceramic heats up faster than the glazed, and is more prone to catching fire. I know this from experience. It gives of a yucky smell, but with a tart in them I'm not sure you would be able to detect it. I'm an avid lover of tart burners, and I always try to buy one's that have been glazed inside and out because of that. Just a little info:) to share.

Well I have to drive 25 miles but I guess for that price it is worth it.I have priced tart warmers for almost $5.00 on-line and there isn;t much to them.Did finally find candle warmers at my Wal Mart and the store has been there since March.Well they are $4.92.Also they are in the lamp section.How did they get there?????Not in crafts, candle section etc.Maybe will look around as they may be all over the store.

Still waiting for Michaels to put candle warmers on sale. I hope won't be long. They had some candle warmers advertised this week but I don't think what I got last winter.Anyway not that special price of 3 for $9.99.

I believe you are talking about the warmers(hot plates) others are talking about the tealight warmers.;) HTH

• 3 weeks later...
:cheesy2: YES I HAVE SEEN THE TART WARMERS AT THE DOLLAR TREE. I GOT THE ONES THAT WERE ORIGINALLY FROM YANKEE CANDLE SUPRISING FOR 1 DOLLAR IT WAS ALL GLASS RED TILE WARMER. I BOUGHT FOUR! I LIKE TO PICK UP THE TEA LIGHTS SOMETIMES THEY HAVE THEM OTHERS NOT. DEFINITLY HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE OPEN FOR THESE DOLLAR TREE STORES. YOU GOTTA LOVE THEM.:grin2:

Yay! My Dollar Tree just started selling these. Many different colors & a few different shapes. My local Family Dollar was selling these for $3.00. Glad to see I can get them cheaper. I don't trust the tea lights from these stores. I have had a few catch on fire! My customers buy their own. ;)

Yes I guess my post may have been confusing mentioning both.I was meaning get some tart warmers at the Dollar Tree but was also looking for the candle warmers at Michel's.Like to have both.

Both stores are 25 miles from me.I need to check out those tart warmers since a show in a couple weeks.

Michels I thought would have them(candle warmers) on sale with fall coming soon and people wanting to burn candles.I have maybe 10 I could sell.Would like a few more.

You just want to make sure they are for wax, and not for warming oils. I think most of them just get too darn hot when you use them for wax. I take a thermo and test to see how hot the wax gets before I sell any melters. I have about 20 that I am stuck with because they get the wax too hot for me. If it gets too hot the tart will lose its scent too fast and the wax could even start to smoke from the heat or worse, catch fire.

Bruce