Tie Dye melts

soshiegirl

If you have any powdered dye, maybe stick a toothpick in it and then into the tart as soon as you pour it??

For tapers/pillars, you can put very, very small amounts of powdered dye on the outside, and then use a heat gun to melt it onto the outside of the candle.

Crush dye chips into small pieces and sprinkle them onto the melted wax after you've poured it into tart molds. Let cool. As the wax cools it will create a tie dye effect with the colors. You can see them here: http://library.rusticescentuals.com/scented-tarts-in-fluted-tart-molds/

Tried the crushed dye chips and the tarts turned out fugly! Clearly, this technique requires some finesse, of which I realized I have none! :( Thank goodness I don't give up easily!

If you have any powdered dye, maybe stick a toothpick in it and then into the tart as soon as you pour it??

For tapers/pillars, you can put very, very small amounts of powdered dye on the outside, and then use a heat gun to melt it onto the outside of the candle.

Perhaps I'll have better luck with the powdered dye! :)

I think it's all about timing...I think you should try the crushed chips again...only this time wait until the tart is just about set up and turning opaque. You can't do it when

it is too liquid because it will just blend all together in the hot wax. I have not tried it...it's just what I am envisioning in my head after looking at the pictures on the tutorial.

post-10297-139458518866_thumb.jpg

So...I had to try it out...I added way too many pieces of dye...but I did wait until the wax was starting to set up a hair. I was going for a

brown, black and green tie dye look to match my bathroom...so not all that great....but I think would be great in brighter colors.