Vanillin content in oils for lotion?

Does anyone know how much vanillin a fragrance oil must contain prior to having to use a vanilla stabilizer to keep lotion from turning brown? For example, will an oil with a vanillin content listed as 0.90% require a stabilizer in lotion? Or one that has 0.50%? Is there a general rule of thumb?

Thank you!

No one?

Could someone tell me how long I should wait to see if an oil turns lotion brown? I made some 72 hours ago with vanilla stabilizer and the lotion is still white. Should I wait a week, a month, or is three days long enough to tell if it's going to turn brown?

Thanks.

Thanks Kellie. Wholesale Supplies Plus sells a vanilla color stabilizer that's supposedly just for lotions and washes (not sure if it's a marketing ploy or not to say it's just for lotions and washes). That's the one I used with the Dark Kiss fragrance oil and it's been three days and the lotion is still white. The WSP website says the ratio should be 2:1, fragrance oil to stabilizer unless the fragrance oil has more than 10% vanilla then it should be used 1:1. I used the 2:1 ratio.

During my research into this I've read comments of those who have used an oil in one lotion base with no browning and the same oil in another base with browning. It seems you've experienced the same thing, no? Is it something in the base that interacts with the oil to make it turn brown?

I don't mind waiting too long to see if it turns but I'm not sure how long to wait. I don't want to have to wait months for every fragrance I want to try but am I going to have to?

I would give it at least a month also. Oxidation of aromachemicals prone to browning (not just vanillin) continues over time.

I did not have a great experience with vanilla stabilizers. I tried several, none of which stopped browning, just delayed it. Every one of them morphed the fragrance.