Is freezer paper the same as parchment paper?

hem06

Freezer paper might also be called butcher's paper or wrap or something... It is going to probably be on a roll, and it is kind of a thicker paper. Texture is kind of similar wax paper on one side and regular copier paper or something on the other side. And I have only seen it in white. I don't know if they ever have another color for it. Good luck in finding it.

Some people have had luck with wax paper, but I've found it usually sticks and shreds and is generally a mess to work with. Freezer paper with the waxy side toward the soap doesn't stick. The main brand I see in grocery stores is Reynolds. Though Costco has huge huge rolls of it - that would last a lifetime.

Thanks all...I will take another look. Perhaps I will have more luck at a larger store. I have looked at Walmart and some smaller grocery stores, but thank goodness the parchment paper was only $2! LOL

I live in Canada....maybe it is not as common here, although I doubt it.

Parchment paper is usually harder to find (at least in my teeny tiny town). Maybe freezer paper is called something else in Canada? Freezer paper is usually a longer roll (and bigger roll) than parchment or wax paper, also thicker of course.

KimO